Chapter 17

Ranboo POV

Wednesday ~ 8:49pm
I had been at Coffee Bee since 3pm. I was working later today because I had missed so much work last week. I got off at 9pm and then I had to walk over to Tommy's house because I promised I'd tutor him. Though I'm sure he will rope me into whatever else it is he wants to do.

I was making some drinks, when I heard the bell ring on the door. It was a man with blonde hair that reached just above his shoulders. He had a green and white stripped bucket hat and he seemed quite friendly.

"Hello! Welcome to Coffe Bee I can bee your Barista!" I said as he walked to the counter.

"Ah, Hello mate! Can I just get a regular back coffee, no sugar or anything?" He asked staring me right in the eyes.

"Yeah of course. Anything else, or will that be all?" I asked.

"....no, that's all, thankyou."

"No, problem, that'll be 2.99 sir."He gave me the money then walked back outside. Then he walked back in with a boy following from behind. I didn't look up to see, I just noticed them from my left peripheral.

When I had made the drink I announced the order. "Regular black coffee for Phil!"

I looked up and saw Tommy sitting down with the man I had served earlier. I locked eyes with the man, Phil. He motioned me over, so I headed over with his drink.

"Here's your coffee sir." I said handing him the drink.

He took and then Tommy spoke. "Sorry, if your confused Ranboo. This is my father, Phil. Dad, this is my good friend Ranboo."

"Nice to meet ya kid. Please have a seat." He motioned for me to sit down, but I couldnt.

"Actually, I can't......I'm working. I get off at 9pm." I said awkwardly.

"See dad I told you, now leave him alone. Go on Ranboo." I could tell Tommy was on edge. He seemed upset and nervous.

I smiled at him and then waved to his dad. When I walked away, I heard Tommy start to argue with his father.

I returned to behind the counter. I went into the staff room, and sat down. We weren't too busy today, so I started to pack up my things. I glanced at the clock and it was 8:58pm now. I had my stuff packed, and went back out to the counter.

Then I looked over to the seating area. There was Tommy and his father at one table, and one guy and some other girl who were sitting at their own tables. I was closing, so I went around to the people and let them know we were closing. Then I got to Tommy and his father.

"I'm closing up the Cafe now, just letting you know." I smiled at them.

"Are you gonna come with us Ranboo? Tom said your gonna tutor him." His dad was cheery.

I nodded, "Yes I am. I'll meet up with you two outside after I close."

His father got up and left but Tommy stayed. "You don't have to come Ranboo, it's kinda awkward. Sorry about him."

He wouldn't look at me. "It's okay Toms. I still want to come over though, I'll take any time I can spend with you."

He blushed and looked up, "Watch it Ranboo, I don't want my dad catching on."

I laughed quietly, "Then maybe you shouldn't have invited a cuddle buddy over while he's home."

"Your not a cuddle buddy, your more than that..." he gave me a heart warming smile, "....your my tutor."and a heart crushing reply.