Chapter 181

Ranboo POV

Saturday ~ 1:51pm
It'd taken some time to get here, but I think it's so worth it. I kind of wish Genevieve was here to see it... to revisit it. Our old tree house.

I wondered if my aunt still lived here and if she did, would she be home? More importantly, what would she say if she saw me?

She was never as- we'll say rude- to me as my biological parents but it's not like she was similar to Lexi either. Honestly, I only ever went through the side gate to the backyard with Gigi to get into the treehouse.

I only used to go inside when I was way younger before my teen years and she would make us lunch or prepare snacks.

My auntie Jen isn't someone I remember too much, but from what family I have left she was okay. She was divorced after she'd sent Genevieve off to school out of the state and so I never really saw them again.

I wonder how she's holding up. And now that I think about it, I suppose I'd have to see her to even go to the backyard.

"What's this?" Tommy asked shaking my hand around to gain my attention.

Perhaps if zoned out for too long, "My aunts house, Gigi's childhood home."

He nodded, "What're we here for?"

"I wanted to show you the treehouse, but I guess I'll need to check if my Aunt Jen still lives here." I sighed.

"Text Genevieve?" He suggested.

I shook my head, "I'm an adult, I can ring a doorbell and knock on a door. It's just who may be on the other end that worries me."

He gave a nod, "Well then, whenever you feel re-"

"I'm fine, c'mon." I told him and he followed as we walked up the garden path to the front doorstep.

I rang the doorbell then gave the door a knock. It didn't take more than a minute till the door was answered.

"Hello? How might I help you?" Blonde hair- it ran in the family- and green eyes. Yellow frilly top and white jean pants. For being farther up in age, she'd aged nicely. She looked to us puzzled, though I didn't expect her to recognize me.

I smiled, I'm not sure I was happy to see her, but I can say it was nice to see family...

"Hello, it's me- Mark- or Ran if that's how you remember me?" I said rather awkwardly.

She glanced me up and down, not in a rude way, more like she was analyzing. "Little Ran? Gigi's little cousin? My nephew?"

"Yeah!"

Her hand came up to her mouth as she chuckled, "I almost don't believe it. You were so small- and now, well you're tall. You've grown up well, would you like to come in? Though I'm not sure why you're here."

"If you wouldn't mind that'd be nice. And, I'm here on vacation with my..."

"I'm not my sister." She said, "Come on in."

I nodded understanding and we walked on in. She closed the door and led us into the living room, it hadn't changed a whole lot. It was the same, just seemed as shiny and new as before.

She gestured to the couch, "Go on sit down. I've got some snacks- oh! And those crackers you liked as a kid, Ran!"

We took a seat and I smiled a little, "Wow, uh- thankyou." I hadn't expected she'd remember anything about me- not even me as a person too be honest. Perhaps I've looked too much at the negative of things, and forgotten that not all my family members are the same.