Chapter 142

Tommy POV

Friday ~ 1:41pm
I'd finished all my classes for today and I was going to the new donut shop to meet the employees Bella had hired. I was pretty excited and almost there.

Not to mention, my Ranboo was gonna be there too, because he wanted to see the people who I'd be working with.

I turned the corner and there it was, I walked over and inside. There wasn't really a lot of people there, but I did see Bella.

I walked over to her waving and she waved back.

She smiled, "Hey Tommy!"

"Hey Bella." I smiled back at her.

"So, there's only three people here now, but I belive four more will be coming. And plus you that's like eight people who are gonna work here. Which is good enough for the time being." She said.

I nodded, "Well alright, sounds good. So, do you mind telling me their names?"

"Well, I don't remember all their names, so you'll probably have to wait till they all get here, sorry." She awkwardly chuckled.

"No worries, it's fine. But, do you know any of those three people's names?" I asked.

She cleared her throat, "Do I?...." she awkwardly laughed again, "Well not exactly so uhm- y'know."

I laughed softly, "Right, well.. fo you know when the others should get here?"

"Well we said two pm, so it is sorta early. Though I'm sure they'll all arrive soon before two." Bella said positively.

I sighed, "Well alright...,but uhm- what do we do in the mean time?"

She shrugged, "Uhm...I guess you could go get to know them."

I smiled, "Sounds like a good idea, I'll go do that."

She gave me a thumbs up and then I walked off towards the closest employee.

Darkish, caramel skined, dark brown, short, and curly hair that reached just the top of her shoulders. Brown eyes and a gold necklace with the Virgin Mary around her neck. A light pastel yellow crop top and a jean skirt that hung right above her knees. A white sweater around her waist and white high top sneakers with black socks. She seemed pretty mature. She was on her phone scrolling through what I belive was TikTok.

I cleared my throat, "Ahem- hello! I'm Tommy, the manager for this location. Since your going to be working here, uhm- what's your name?"

"Kiaya (K-eye-yuh). Nice to meet you Tommy." She said, pocketing her phone and sticking her hand out.

I grabbed her hand and she slid it away from me then grabbed my finger tips. I tried shaking her hand and it was just- super awkward.

She chuckled, "It's a dap."

"A....what?" I asked.

"You slide your hand and then grip finger tips then shake down and let go. There's other types, but I like this one- Here." She put her hand out again.

I put my hand up and she showed me what she had meant.

"Yeah like that." She smiled.

I awkwardly laughed, "My bad-"

"No worries- I mean- the hand shakewould've probably been a little more professional." She shrugged.

I shrugged too, "I like the dap."

She chuckled, "Cool, right?"

I nodded, Yeah....so what are you? Cashier or baker?"

She laughed, "Oh well uh- with these nails and my attitude- I'll be a cashier."