Chapter 141

Ranboo POV

Saturday ~ 10:57am
We'd just arrived to the donut shop.

"Babe?" Tommy asked.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"If we end up taking this job....how are we gonna schedule work hours together?" He asked reaching for my hand.

I laced our fingers together, "Oh baby...I'll explain later, kay?"

I don't want to tell him that we'd work at different locations- but even if we didn't and worked at the same one, it'd be really tough to schedule our hours together, when our class times are all different.

It would probably make him sad, and I didn't want to see him sad right now.

He nodded, "Mkay."

I squeezed his hand then kissed it and let go, "Alright, now smile okay?"

He giggled and then smiled, "You got it."

We both got out of the car and then walked into the donut shop. Right away we saw Bella.

Tommy waved, "Hi Bella!"

She waved back and to the both of us, "Hello Tommy! Hey Ranboo!"

"Hi Bella." I smiled and waved as well.

"So where are we interviewing?" Tommy asked as he looked at the display which displayed the multiple different donuts.

"Oh I'm not interviewing you guys." She laughed, "If you want the job, you already hired! I need help around here."

Tommy smiled, "Sweet."

"The deal or the donuts, love?" I asked.

He giggled and shrugged, "Why not both?"

Bella laughed along, "Can I get you a donut, Tommy?"

Tommy nodded his head excited, "Yes please!"

"Which one?" She asked grabbing the tongs and a napking for him.

"The Fruity Pebbles one, please." He smiled as he pointed to the donut.

Bella grabbed the donut with the tongs and placed it on the napkin. She handed it to Tommy and said, "Free of charge."

He gasped, "Oh! Really?!"

She nodded, "Mhmm."

I pulled out cash, "Its fine, I can pay."

Tommy grabbed my hand, "She's trying to be nice...let her be nice."

I frowned, "But she gave us free donuts just the other day...."

Tommy frowned now too, "Oh yeah...y- your right. We should really p-"

"Guys!- Really! It's fine. One free donut isn't gonna put me out if buisness." She chuckled.

"But I feel bad..." Tommy teared up.

I awkwardly laughed, "Baby....nit the time to get emotional."

He sniffled, "You gave us free donuts and your offering us jobs...how can we not feel guilty?"

I rubbed his arm and said, "That's alright if you won't take our money..."

I put my cash into the tip jar and Tommy's mood boosted. He smiled, "We'll just put it in the tip jar!"

She playfully rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah whatever- not let's get serious, shall we?"

"Certainly." I said and cleared my throat.

"Mmmkay!" Tommy mumbled as he bit his donut and spoke with with full mouth.

We laughed and then she began speaking, "So. As you know, I said I'd be opening up seperate locations! And I wanted you two to run two seperate ones!"

"Wait....say that again?" Tommy asked.

She awkwardly laughed, "Uhm- I want you two to run two seperate locations?"

Uh oh.

Tommy nodded, "So uhm.....We'd be working at the same place...or no?"

"Well, you'd be working for the same place, as in company. I'd still own the place and its all part of my franchise, but if you mane same location, then no. You would be working at one and Ranboo would work at another one." She explained to us- well more Tommy, as I already understood what she had meant.

Tommy frowned but nodded, "Oh okay..."

"Is...something the matter?" Bella asked a little concerned and nervous.

"Oh! No, it's just.....I don't really get to see Ranboo all that much during the week and- well I guess I was sorta hoping we would get to work together- But its fine, really! Just a little disappointed....though its not like it would've worked anyways. Ranboo and I have two completely different schedules so...it's uhm- fine, y'know." Tommy said and then awkwardly laughed.

She nodded then continued explaining the job, "Uhm-....kay?- Well, anyways uh- you guys can decide amongst yourselves which location you'd like to work at, though I'm sure you'd both prefer to work at the ones closest to your colleges. As it would probably be easier. And if you guys decide to take the offer, you can help hire different people. You would manage who did what and when- and basically everything would go through you then to me. You'd sorta be the boss, which I think is great. Now....what do you think?"

"Honestly I'd love it- but it's sorta up to Ranboo." Tommy said.

"Why is it up to me?" I asked confused.

Tommy shrugged, "Well I dunno- cause your smart and stuff?- I have no idea what it's gonna be like to manage some place. Imagine me bossing people around?"

I crossed my arms, "You boss me around all the time."

"Fair enough." Tommy giggled.

Bella chcukled then spoke, "So I'm not sure I've caught a direct answer....?"

I looked to Tommy then responded to Bella, "I'll take it, thankyou. Tommy however, can decide for himself on wether or not he wants to take it."

Tommy groaned, "Ranboo! I'm I'm indecisive. Originally I really wanted to work here, but I'm not sure I'll be very good at a managing job....I'm just not sure."

I grabbed his hand, "Baby if you don't feel up for it, you don't have to take it just because I am."

"And if your not so sure about managing some place, I can always offer you a job as a basic employee. Cashier, waiter, whatever you want." Bella added smiling, "No pressure, really. You do what you want."

Tommy sighed, "Mkay....then- I'd like to take a shot at managing."

"Great! Now since you two have decided, I'll get forms and then we can go check out the locations. Then sometime during this week, you guys can come in and check out people's applications- see who you'd like to hire and everything." Bella beamed excited and happy.

Tommy cleared his throat, "Uhm- I'm not sure I'll be very good at picking people to hire..."

Bella smiled understandingly, "No qorries Tommy. I can hire people, but I need you to be more confident in yourself if your gonna be a leader, okay?"

Tommy nodded, "Mkay."

Hopefully this all works out.

1,075 word
Thanks for reading.
See ya'll tomorrow! :)