Chapter 147

Quick Note: This is gonna be written in italics because it's a memory from the past- Not a flashback, so there is other POVs. And when people think in their head it will be bolded- Just so ya'll know ahead of time :) Also, this is one big memory, but it's gonna break off into different small ones as it leads up to the main point.

Ranboo POV

Warm spring day. Birds chirping, sunlight shining in my room, my mom walks in smiling-

Yeah right.

Warm spring day. Annoying birds outside my window giving me a headache. The sunlight peeking through the curtains hurting my eyes. My mom bursts in upset, "Hurry it up. Don't be late, Genevieve is hear to walk with you to school."

I smiled, "Kay."

She left and I got up.

Genevieve was my very best friend- well my cousin, but my best friend too.

My home life is pretty bad, especially yesterday...being called 'homo' and all. I think I love my parents.....I know I'm supposed to, but then again- I- I dunno.

I got changed and ready for school. I was excited to see Genevieve. She's two years older then me, which means she's in 6th grade and I'm in fourth.

I pit my slides on and then walked out of my room to the kitchen. My mom and dad would always make me breakfast in the morning, but....they haven't lately.

I went back in the hall and walked to my mom and dads room. I heard...unpleasant things and walked back to the kitchen.

I grabbed an apple and walked out the door without a goodbye. There was Genevieve. Her light blue dress and sunflower hat. White sneakers and a daisy backpack.

"Hi Gigi." I smiled.

"Hey Ran." She smiled and waved.

I ran over and she gave me a hug. We pulled away and did our handshake....

Break off to Old Memory ~

"Why do we need a handshake Gigi?" I asked....I was only 6 years old in 1st grade. She was in 3rd, and she was 8 years old turning 9 soon.

"Cause it shows our unique friendship. There's no other like it, so let's make a handshake that no one else knows but us." She smiled.

I nodded, "Okie doke."

She stuck her hand out. I did the same.

"Hmm, we can go like this-" she slapped pass my hand and so did I, "Then come back." And we came back, "Then into in eagle." She smiled and showed me how.

I did it too and then asked, "Why an eagle?"

She shrugged, "I dunno."

"Give it a meaning, it'll be better." I suggested.

She thought for a moment, "Because....you and I, Ran, were gonna soar above everyone else. We're gonna make it to Harvard and then make billions!"

My eyes lit up and sparkled, she painted a picture for me....she built a path I wanted to follow. I smiled and nodded.

"Alright so after the eagle slide down...yep like that- and then grab finger tips and snap!" She did it quickly, "Here Ran, let's try again...." she showed me how and I got it. Then she said, "Finger guns!"