Angela Montenegro

"Hey we got an ID yet?" You call out to Aubrey getting out of your Jeep

"Not sure Booths talking to the people who found the body now" he said lifting the tape up as you duck under.

"What we got ?" You questioned looking down at the body with a grim expression.

"Uh not much. Looks like scavengers are through most of it but the height of the pinna and length of the lobule suggest the victim was a male in his mid to late 40s" Cam responded.

"You got all that from half an ear" Aubrey questioned as Cam nodded.

"I'm gonna call the lab to get the platform ready" Cam said wondering off.

"There's something underneath this guys shirt" Aubrey points out.

You took your sunglasses off and said "It looks like he's sucking on his guts" with a gag.

"Judging by this little magot mosh-pit this guys been dead for two days" Hodgins said to you as you wrote it down.

"This is a high traffic area" Booth said walking closer to you and Aubrey.

"Someone dropped him here it's probably a body dump" you concluded.

"Can you two handle this I'm gonna go to the lab ?" Booth asked you both.

"We can handle it Booth" Aubrey responded with a smile.

"There is no way someone could drop it here and it not be found for two days. This just doesn't make sense" Hodgins said curiously.

"Someone wanted us to find this body" Aubrey said squinting down at it.

A phone rings inside the victims pocket buzzing as it does so.

Hodgins grabbed the phone and said "That's weird there's a wire attached to it".

"Get down" you and Aubrey shout at the same time.

You shoved Hodgins out of the way as Aubrey jumped away too.

Sirens approached as you all laid motionless on the floor.

"Cam wh-what happened ?" Angela asked the women.

"I just stepped away from the body to make a call. Hodgins, Y/N and Aubrey they were right near the body when it blew up" Cam responds shakily.

Hodgins walked out from the emergency area and said "I'm fine guys".

"Where are Y/N and Aubrey ?" Angela asked him calmly.

"I saw them rush them into surgery Y/N looked worse then Aubrey" he confided to her.

"What happened Hodgins ?" Booth asked him.

"She pulled me out of the way. She used her body to protect me" Hodgins told him with a shake of his head.

"Y/N saved my life" Hodgins said as the a doctor ran out of the theatre frantically.

They all raised an eyebrow as he shouted to a nurse "We need help in ER 3 she's losing too much blood".

The nurse rushed after him as the team looked at one another.

"Let's make this guy wish they were  never born" Temperance said with a smirk.

"I'm gonna stay incase she wakes up or gets out of surgery" Angela said as the team nodded.

10 hours later ...

Angela was sat beside your bed holding your hand as you opened your eyes with a grunt.

"Why is it so bright in here ?" You asked looking over at Angela.

"Honey you scared me are you okay" Angela asked you frantically.

"Hey I'm okay Angie are Aubrey and Hodgins okay" you asked her.

"There both fine. And honey I know you want to believe your fine but your not. The doctors removed 5 pieces of shrapnel from your body. I just want you to rest okay. I need you and I cannot lose you" Angela said motivationaly.

"I won't over exert myself beautiful just please relax" you told her.

You tried to sit up but failed on your own.

"Honey let me help" Angela said helping you sit up straight.

"Can you hand me that glass of water ?" You asked her.

She nodded and handed it watching you drink it slowly.

"Baby" Angela said turning to you tears glistening in her eyes.

"Angie I'm here and I'm okay" you tried to reassure her.

"With this job we're never fine. Some serial killer always wants you and Seeley dead. Your both Booths you've made a lot of enemies. And with your jobs the impossible becomes reality all the time" she finishes.

"Me and Booth can handle ourselves Angie" you tried.

"I know you can sweetie but I can't stand sitting in a waiting room waiting to see if your okay" Angela cried.

"You wanted to go to Paris let's go to Paris" you said wiping her tears.

"Are you sure ?" Angela asked you shocked.

"I love my job, my friends and my brother. But I can't make you feel like this again" you said cupping her cheek.

"What about the team ?" Angela asked you.

"We can just go for a couple of months and then we can comeback we can work remotely for a few months" you smiled at her.

"I thought you hated desk duty" Angela chuckled.

"Oh I do but I'd do anything for you Angela Montenegro" you laughed.

Angela kissed you and it felt like fireworks went off in your stomach.

"Let's finish this case then we can go to Founding Fathers and say goodbye to everyone" Angela smiled kissing your cheek.

"That's good Angie I'm gonna get some rest" you said laying back down.

"I'll be here when you wake up sweetie" she grinned kissing your hand as you drifted off to sleep.