James Street

"Hey Jim

"Hey Jim. I need to tell you something" He read the text that you'd sent him.

"I'm in the SWAT locker room but so you know, I'm shirtless" James texts back.

You enter the Swat locker room, making sure that you had closed the door.

"Hey Y/N" Street placed his phone on the bench infront of him.

"Hey. Is this a bad time ?" You gesture to his shirtless form.

"Not at all" He shakes his head and puts his phone inside of his locker. 

"I'm going to postpone leaving for Tellig. I don't think ... I can go to Germany until you're out of surgery. And I know you're okay" You inform him.

"Y/N the Tellig dates are confirmed" Jim reminds you.

"If their mad I've got to come late then, I don't need to go" You shrugged.

"Didn't you tell me earlier that you have got to be careful with your career ?" Jim points out. 

"Do you not want me to care about what happens to you ?" You grabbed your bag from your locker.

"I ... I'm gonna be fine, okay ? The doctor promises full recovery almost definitely. They said that I'd be back to work like I never had the surgery in the first place" He assured you.

"What if" You're cut off by him resting a hand on your shoulder.

"You've been working your ass off to get that ticket to Germany. You can't blow it off now. Not even for something as great as me" He rested his other hand on your back.

You nodded in agreement "We still don't have a solution to our problem".

"So we'll just keep talking then ... We are highly skilled police officers with pretty extensive training in negotiations. We'll figure it out" James smiles at you.

"Okay" You smile at him, reassuringly.

"Okay" James agreed, still resting a hand against your shoulder.

You start to walk out of the locker room, hoping that you would be able to avoid any awkward encounters.

Taking a deep breathe, you turned back to face Street.

"Everything okay, Y/N ?" James closes his locker.

"...I'm just glad that I can do this without it being awkward" You pressed your lips onto his.

He reciprocates the kiss and allows his hand to cup your cheek.

James kissed you with passion that you knew has been burning inside of him.

You pull away first in desperate need of air, to flow back into your lungs.

"Call me after the surgery" You wrapped your arms around his neck. 

"The second that I wake up" Jim assured you.

You step away and wiped the tears from your eyes.

Jim kisses you on your cheek before you walked out of the Swat locker room.

He picks up his phone, tapping it against the palm of his hand before Jim decided to text you.

"I love you, Y/N Alonso" Jim sent the text to you.

The three dots that mean you are typing popped up on his screen.

"I love you too, James Street ... You better call me as soon as you get out of surgery or I'll beat your ass" He read the text.

James chuckled to himself, slipping on a shirt before replying.

"That's what I'm counting on" Jim smiled down at the phone screen.