Hardin Scott

Hardin stumbled into your shared apartment, like he did every Sunday night

"I'm home" Hardin slurred, before he tripped and fell onto the couch.

"Hey darling" You leant in the doorframe between the living room and the kitchen.

"Could you get me a drink ?" Hardin handed his empty whiskey glass to you.

"I think that you've had enough to drink, Hardin" You placed the glass on the coffee table.

"I said get me a drink" Hardin rose his voice at you.

"You're going to end up an alcoholic,  you can't keep drinking whenever your sad or angry. You can't just drink your feelings away" You started to make your way towards the kitchen.

"Do as your told for once and get me a fucking drink ? What's so hard about pouring some whiskey into a glass ?" Hardin snapped at you.

"I'm not going to give you alcohol poisoning, if you want to end up in hospital then go get yourself a drink" You scroll through your Instagram.

"You don't love me unless you get me a drink" Hardin throws his glass at you.

The glass hits the wall a few inches away from your face. 

You stop in your tracks petrified of what your drunk boyfriend might do next.

"Ever since your dad came back to town, you started being a heavy drinker again. It's not going to fix your problems, alcohol isn't going to numb the pain. It just prevents you from feeling it for a short amount of time. But in the end your emotions are going to hit you like a freight train" You shout at him.

"You said nothing could change the way you felt about me" Hardin's eyes prick with tears when he realizes what he's done.

"Well, I guess that makes us both liars. You didn't going into sobriety and that was the only way that you could keep our relationship alive. It looks like you care about your precious alcohol more than me" You make your way into the bedroom, Hardin trailing behind.

You start to pack a bag as Hardin rolls his eyes behind your back.

"Let's see how far you get without me. Y/N Y/L/N without her beloved Hardin, maybe you'll fall into alcoholism. Then you'll see what living with alcohol addiction is really like ... It's not like I ever loved you" Hardin grabs his bottle of vodka from the bedside table.

"How stupid am I for thinking that Hardin Scott was capable of love ? Of course your not, your the same play boy that I met two years ago. A bastard who would toy with people's hearts for his own pleasure" You zipped your bag up.

"I never want to see you here again, give me your key" Hardin took a swig from the bottle of vodka.

"You know what ... fuck you Hardin" You tossed the key on the kitchen table.

You stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door behind you.

Hardin poured himself a few shots of vodka, drinking each shot in just one mouthful.

"I never needed her anyway" Hardin scoffed as he threw your key out the window.

"You didn't need him anyway" Your tears were falling freely down your face.