Isabelle Lightwood

"Izzy what the hell are you doing ?" You called out as she walked towards you twirling a spear

You always feared Isabelle attacking you, you had no idea why but it was your worst fear however you knew she would never hurt you.

"Because I hate you jackass" she shouted as you look down at your chest.

Your body was covered in runes but not the type Shadowhunters had the type their enemies have.

"Fuck" you mumbled.

"I'm going to finally kill you" she said raising the spear above your head.

She stabbed it downwards but you managed to roll out of the way.

"Why are you trying to escape fate ?" Isabelle shouted angrily as you hide behind a tall structure so that you can keep hidden.

You tried to pounce at her but she was too quick and stabbed her spear through your chest.

You shot up in bed a cold sweat drenching your entire body.

Izzy pulled you closer as you attempted to look at the clock in your shared room.

The nightmare had made you anxious and scared but you knew losing out on sleep could possibly make the nightmares worse.

Or at least that's what it said when you looked it up on your phone when you started having them.

"Baby" Izzy asked her voice groggy from sleep.

"Sorry to wake you up angel" you sighed kissing her forehead.

"Are you okay your dripping with sweat honey" Izzy asked concern etched into her face.

"I just had a nightmare I'm okay" you attempted to reassure her.

That didn't exactly go as planned because your voice broke at the end.

"What happened babe ?" She asked tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

"You tried to kill me I know it's stupid" you said turning away from her embarrassed.

"It's not stupid Y/NN. That guy got in your head he forced you to face your worst fear. These nightmares are just your brain remembering that" she smiled turning you in her arms.

"Thanks Izzy" you smiled as she kissed your forehead.

"No worries babes but just tell me I know you've been having them for a while" Izzy responded as you stared at her shocked.

"I never woke you up though" you said trying to wrap your head around it.

"Clary was in here a few nights ago when I was out on patrol. She told me she heard you screaming my name and begging. You were flailing around" she told you softly.

"Can we just go back to sleep I'll tell you more in the morning angel" you attempted.

She nodded as you snuggled up to her chest.

Izzy heard a soft snoring after a few seconds you were fast asleep in her arms.

"I love you. Your safe as long as your with me" she whispered squeezing you tighter.