Sylvie Brett

"Are you okay ?" You ask Brett from your seat in the ambo

"Why would you ask ?" Brett said with a smile.

"I just saw how upset you were this morning" you say leaning back.

"I'll tell you when we get back" Sylvie said making you nod.

When your back at the station Brett pulled you aside.

You both went into the wash room, Brett sat on top of a washing machine.

You leant against the other and said "Sylvie you can talk to me you know that right".

She nodded and said "Well I just thought I should tell you in private" her eyes filling with tears.

"What's wrong ?" You ask worry filling your face.

"My mom died when she gave birth to my sister" she said a tear leaking from her eye.

"I'm sorry Brett" you say just as the announcer asks you to go to the Chiefs office.

"Swing by my office in an hour" you say.

Your the Captain of Squad 3, Boden asked you to help Brett on a call because of personal issues for Chilli.

She nods as you head towards the Chief's office.

5 hours later ...

After, a particularly rough call your sat in your office doing some paper work.

A knock at your door makes your head lift up.

"Come in" you say tapping your pen on the desk.

"That call sounded a bit rough from what Stella told me" Brett said.

"I had to make a call save 16 teenagers and kids or one woman" you say looking up.

"Let me guess you attempted to rescue both" she smiled.

"We rescued all of them" you say raising an eyebrow.

"You got trapped under some rubble did you go to med" she asked worriedly.

"I did and they gave a clear bill of health for duty" you say with a smile signing the last document.

"How bad is it ?" She asked.

"Just bruised ribs" you say with a shrug.

"Let me see" Brett said you were confused but did as she asked.

You lifted your shirt up so she could she the bandages.

"Can I check it's just bruised ribs ?" She asked.

You nod and she softly moves her hands around your ribs to check the damage.

"Okay your good about earlier" Brett said sheepishly.

"You don't have to apologise for having feelings" you smile at her pushing your shirt back down.

You smile as you pull her into a hug.

"I can't say I get what your going through because I'd be lying. I've lost people I cared about maybe not the same way as you. I lost some friends not by death but by different life choices. I know how much it hurts to lose someone in anyway. You can always talk to me. The door to my office is always open for Squad, Truck or Ambo" you say with a smile.

"Thank you" she said hugging you with a smile.

Brett leaves your office waving at you as you wave back.

Brett POV

"So how did the talk with Captain Y/L/N go" Gabby asked.

"Good actually" I responded.

"Your blushing a little bit" Gabby says with a smirk as she walks off.