Michaela Stone

"Michaela ? Mic ?" You entered the living room to find your girlfriend stood on the phone

"Just a second baby. I'm on a call with my boss" Michaela turns to talk to you.

"Okay, yeah. That's great. Thank you so much sir" Michaela smiles as she ends the call.

"I'm guessing that he's going to let you investigate our callings" you sit down on the couch patting the spot beside you.

"Sort of. He said that if we have enough evidence, we can act on any calling we choose to pursue" Michaela sits down beside you.

"Sounds reasonable. My transfer was accepted this morning. I'm moving to your precinct" you check the clock on the coffee table.

"Hmm. When do you start ?" Michaela texts Ben the good news.

"Next Monday, I think. My new partner is Jared Vasquez" you shrugged thinking little of it, until Michaela looked a little uncomfortable at the thought.

"Is that name familiar to you ?" You rest a hand on Mic's shoulder.

"How could you possibly know that I knew him ?" Michaela questions.

"It's just the way your expression changed when I said his name" you explained.

"He's my ex fiancee. From before 828" Michaela informs you.

"Oh, if you don't want me to work with him I can ask for a new partner" you offered.

"No, no. There's no need for that. He's not going to bother you and besides he's a good detective" Michaela shrugged it off.

"I'm gonna be off then, my love" you kiss her softly, before getting up from the couch.

"Where are you off to ? This early in the morning" Mic quizzes.

"Just to talk to Ben. He says he has a lead that he wants me to act on" you told her putting a coat on.

"I hope you find something. I'll see you tonight when I get home from shift" Michaela wraps her arms around your waist.

You hummed and turned around to peck her lips.

"I'll be back early. I'll text you" you nodded as you headed out the door.