Klaus Mikaelson

"Hello, love" Klaus calls you from New Orleans

"Who is this ?" You frowned, looking at the no caller ID.

"Ouch. Has it really been that long ?" Klaus pretends to be offended.

"Klaus" you sigh in relief at the familiar voice.

Josie's cries are heard by Klaus over the phone, who smiles despite himself.

"I know that sound all too well. You might trying picking her up ?" Klaus offers his advice.

"Just hold on" you sighed again picking Josie up.

But Josie continues crying as you pick your phone up again.

"How am I talking to you right now ? Where's Stefan ?" You interrogate Kalus down the line.

"By the way, what's your stance on hand me downs ? We have a chest that was once owned by Louis XV. It's being wasted on my daughters outgrown onesies. Any interest ?" Klaus rambles on ignoring your previous question.

"One -- these babies aren't mine, there Jo's and Ric's. Well, Caroline's helping him but you know what I mean. I'm just babysitting for Caroline. I'm her sister my job is to be here for her" you explained as Josie continued crying.

"Yes, that's been made abundantly clear to me by your boyfriend" Klaus tells you, the distaste in his tone is undeniable.

"Two -- I didn't call you. I called Stefan -- yes my boyfriend -- who's currently running for his life while I sit here playing worst case scenario. Except these babies -- that aren't mine -- won't stop crying, and now, this entire diner hates me. So, if you could refrain from gloating in the face of my misery, that would be very much appreciated" you rant.

"Stefan will be fine" Klaus assures you, hearing the stress in your tone.

"How do you know ?" You rest your head in your hands.

"Because I will ensure it. So, here you are, in College, building a life for yourself ..." Klaus starts but you cut him off.

"Klaus, I'm not doing this with you" you snap at him impatiently.

"I take it children were never involved in these plans ?" Klaus ignores your outburst.

"No, they weren't. Luckily, these aren't mine" you reiterate.

"So you've mention" Klaus chuckles in amusement.

"You know, my family challenges the bounds of my sanity. They drive me to do unspeakable things ; all the while, finding fresh and inventive ways to torture me. But, as it turns out, my family is what makes me truly happy. It's not a crime to love what you cannot explain. I was sorry to hear about your mother, Y/N. I'm sure she would have loves to see you with the little ones" he walks you through a hypothetical.

Josie becomes silent as of Klaus's last word, you gasp in suprise and relief.

"Oh, my God. She's finally sleeping" you cheer quietly in relief.

"Well, then we mustn't wake her. Goodbye Y/N" Klaus smiles to himself as he ends the call.

Roughly 7 and a half year later ...

Klaus looks half heartedly down at his glass of bourbon.

You rested your head on your hand, your body turned to face him.

"Would you even be here if I had longer to live" Klaus looks up at you when he finishes his enquiry.

"Maybe I thought you'd chase me around for a few more sessions that was always the fun part anyway" you smiled taking a drink from your bourbon glass.

Klaus smiles at your previous statement, despite his fate luming over his head.

He looks back down the smiles fading from his face as you place your glass on the table.

You swallowed the lump in your throat before speaking "Say goodbye to your daughter Klaus give her real closure".

"Closure is a myth" Klaus took a drink from his glass, his voice emotionless.

"Look what you're doing is noble Klaus, but if you don't say goodbye. If ... if you leave Hope with questions and pain and anger, you'll haunt her and I don't think that's your endgame" you watch Klaus as he keeps his eyes firmly trained on the table.

Klaus shakes his head as tears gather in his eyes "I don't know how to say goodbye" Klaus admits openly.

You sighed, laughing at a thought that popped into your mind.

"Try this. One of these stands, walks to the door, it doesn't turn back. Even if their heart aches for just one more look. Well my moment, you'll know that the not looking just means" you trail off sighing before you continue.

"I'll never forget you" you finish gazing in Klaus's eyes as you watch a smile spread onto his face.

You reach forward and place your hand on the back of Klaus's neck, moving forward and connecting your lips to his.

The kiss was slow, passionate and you poured every ounce of love you had for Klaus into it.

When you stopped kissing and you pulled away, you couldn't stop gazing into his eyes.

The pair of you looked at each other for another moment, before you stood up.

You walked away from Klaus but found yourself pausing in the doorway to the small bar.

Klaus looked over his shoulder and noticed that you had stopped moving.

He sighed smiling, you smiled also still standing in the doorway.

You walked out of the bar knowing that you would never see Klaus again.