Jace Herondale

A/N : Your at a family dinner with your adoptive family but after a seemingly perfect evening, things slowly start to fall apart

"I heard that you've taken to online therapy" Robert turns to you.

"It's nothing that you'd understand" you fiddled with your watch.

"Help us understand then we can help you" Maryse takes your hand over the table.

You pull away from her and clear your throat.

"If I told you it probably wouldn't make much of a difference" you shrugged.

"We're your family now. You can tell us anything" Jace assures you.

"I'm in therapy because I have spent my entire life feeling like a constant disappointment ... And my job is dangerous but I have walked through fire every single day of my life because of my parents ...  That's why I'm in therapy because nothing I ever did for them was good enough. According to them I couldn't do anything right.  Everything I ever did was too ignorant or irrational in their monocular minds" your voice slowly starts to rise, as your bottled up anger starts to flow into your words.

"Your not a disappointment" Maryse is cut off by you standing up from the table.

"I'm nowhere near done ... My parents let everyone that I loved die. And they lied about hiring a hit man to kill my boyfriend. All they ever did was cause me pain but I still put my life on the line to save them. I put myself between Jace's sword and my mother. Then I even went as far as almost jumping off a bridge to save my father ... There are too many things wrong with me to not sign up for online therapy " you shouted as tears slowly began to fall down Jace's face.

You stormed out of the room leaving your stunned adoptive family in the dining room.

"What was her boyfriends name ?" Jace breaks the silence.

"I'm not sure, why ?" Robert turns his attention to Jace.

"Because I think I'm the shadowhunter who killed him" Jace stood up from the dining table, beginning to pace around the room.

"There's a 3% chance that it was you. Plenty of shadowhunters could have carried out that order" Maryse assures him.

"What if it was me, then what do we do ? She sure as hell won't trust us if she thinks I killed her first love" Jace turns to his family for answers.

"We'll figure something out" Robert puts his hand on Jace's shoulder.