Penelope Park

"You were not going to say goodbye" The sudden sound of a voice makes her turn around

"I did. In the letter ... which I'm guessing you finally read" Penelope let's go of her suitcase. 

"Belgium?" You nod slightly, bringing up what she wrote in the letter.

"My mum got a job and there is a really great witch only school. So I don't have to deal with wolves or vamps or Lizzie" Penelope explains.

You walked closer to her so that there is only a few inch between the two of you.

"Penelope, don't you leave" You took her hand in yours.

"You know for weeks, I had been hoping that you would give me .... one reason to stay. Instead, you gave me a thousand or so reasons to go" Penelope squeeze your hand.

"I never want you to leave. I want you to stay" You take her other hand. 

"Losing on purpose, for Lizzie and Josie. Always putting yourself in second place. My heart can't take it and I will not wait around and watch what happens to you next" Penelope wipes her tears.

"What are you talking about ? Nothing's going to happen to me" You question.

She took off her small bag and unzipped  the main compartment.

"You know those pens I was using to spy. This records all of it" She hand it to you.

"Why are you giving it to me ?" You took the book from her hands. 

"It's basically a log of everything written down at the Salvatore school and I want you to read what your dad wrote - about something that is called the merge -" She was hesitant to hand you a pen.

"Penelope, I don't understand" You takes the pen from her hand.

"You will. One day, you understand why I did everything I did to you" Her voices broke at the end.

She cups your cheeks, wiping the falling tears.

You rest your forehead against her's and bite your lip. 

Penelope kisses you for the last time and rests her forehead on yours. 

"I love you Y/N. I love you with all of my obnoxious, selfish and evil heart ...." She whisper's in your ear as she hugged you.

"I love you too, Penelope Park" You nods your head and kiss her cheek.

She grabs her bags and leaves the school and doesn't look back.

Because she knows that if she does she'd run back to you.

3 years later ...

"Hey" You greeted Maya as she sat down beside you.

"Hi, I'm sorry that it took me this long to get here" She apologises.

"I didn't think that you'd come" You turn to face your girlfriend.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Today got really intense so I picked up a shift and clear my head" She explained. 

"I'm sorry. So, it wasn't about the merge" You take her hand in yours.

"Maybe ..." Maya trailed off as she rested her other hand ontop of yours.

"I can tell there's something wrong" You realized what she was talking about.

"Can you blame me at all ? I know that it takes some time to open up inside a new relationship, but I feel like ... I have a 50 50 chance of getting to survive my early twenties" She admits.

"I know, Maya, but -" You were cut off by Maya kissing your knuckles. 

"You know that might have been good to know before we start dating" Maya bites her lip.

"I know ... it is hard. That's why I did not tell you in the first place. And you could have never been more right - The Merge might be what kills me and I have made peace with that. I guess that all I can do is hope that you can, too" You wiped one of many escaping tears.

"There is nothing peaceful about having to counting the days until you lose ... the person you love" She kisses your cheek.

"Trust me on that" Maya bites her lower lip when she realizes what she'd said.

"Did you just say ?" You questioned with a small smile on your face.

"Not on purpose. I don't wanna hurt you but I don't know if I can do this Y/N" She openly admits to you.

"I'm sorry" Maya standing up and walks away from you. 

"Y/N ?" The familiar sound of Penelope's voice shocked you.

"Penelope ?" You turn around and wipes your tears.

"Hey, you're going to be okay" Penelopes wrapped her arms around you.

"Everyone I love leaves" Your voices was muffled against the witches shirt.

"What are you talking about ?" She rubs your back softly.

"You, Landon, Jade, Maya. They all leave me. What did I do wrong ?" You mutter.

Penelope felt her heart break at how sad you were.

"I'm not going anywhere, Y/N. I'm never leaving you again" She assures you.

"I still love you" You admits to the older witch.

"I love you too. I shouldn't have left you" Penelope pulls you into a soft kiss. 

"You're here now. That's better than any of my other exes" You take her hand.

"I'm here now" She kisses your head and holds you tightly in her arms.