William Clayton

You and William standing inside of your mother's hospital room, finally started a much needed conversation

"Will ... If it'd been you at the bridge last night and not Oliver. And I'd begged you to save my mum" You stood up, glancing at your mothers unconscious form.

"I would've saved you in a heartbeat. No question" William admitted as tear filled your eyes.

"My mother would be dead, because you couldn't let go !" You snapped at him.

William has tears in his own eyes as he's finding every single way he can to avoid your fiery gaze.

"Dinah would be dead" You repeats once again and you stepped away from him.

"But you wouldn't be ...Y/N/N. You would be safe and sound on my arm's. And you would get to live" William reasoned.

"I don't want to live without my mother" You pointed out.

"And you don't have to. Dinahs alive and you are too. No-one died so why are you acting like she's dead" He argued.

"That is not the point, Will. You wouldn't get it - Even if I screamed it at your face" You sit back down with a mild headache starting to occur.

"Enlighten me - Maybe I will understand more than you think" William sat down, beside Dinah but away from you.

"Youd save me before anyone else. And I don't understand why" You inform him.

"Because I love you, Y/N ... And if I didn't you wouldn't be able to grow up. Have a life that you want, the life you deserved. And I know that I didn't used to get thats but now I do, I wanted that for you. And I would've gladly given it to you and let - Dinah die. Because I am that selfish" The confession made your jaw fall open.

William still loves you, even after all the crazy stuff that's happened.

"I should go" Will get's up and makes his way towards the door.

"Please. Don't go" Your voice was merely a whisper as you begged him to stay.

"I've got to get back to work - I can come back later" He suggests and you smiled.

"Yeah. That sound's good" You wiped the falling tears from your eyes.