Helen Sharpe

"I know someone else who we could call to help with the surgery" She pulled her phone out of her pocket

"Who do you have in mind ?" Max turn's to face her.

"Y/N Castro, head of cardiovascular over at a hospital in Seattle" Helen explained
to the team.

"As in Dr Valentina Castro, who took, no, stole your department from you" Floyd's expression said it all.

"Yes ... Valentina's a bitch, Y/N isn't. She's probably the best chance we have got at saving VJ" Helen reasons.

"Call her but if she's anything like Castro that we know. She's never going to enter this hospital ever again" Max agrees.

"I'm sure she'll rise to the occasion" Shes quick to dial your number.

When she walk's a decent distance away from the group, they all start gossiping.

"Look, we may not agree with Dr Sharpe but that doesn't mean that shes wrong ... I read Dr Castro's records" Max shouted.

"What did the records say ? Anything we could rub in Helen face" Iggy question's, a little too enthusiastically.

"Y/N Castro never lost as patient and her surgery skills are some of the best in the whole of America" He informs his team.

On the roof ...

Helen stood on the roof with her phones pressed against her ear.

You finally answered your phone after it had been ringing for five minutes.

"Hello, is this Dr Y/N Castro ?" She rested the phone in the crook of her neck.

"That is me and whose calling ?" You dry your hands on the small towel in the OR scrubbing room.

"Dr Helen Sharpe, New Amsterdam" She informed you over the line.

"Its been a long time" You leaned against the basin.

"I guess it really has .... I need the favour that you owe me" Helen admits.

Valentina, who's currently sat at the side of you, scoffs at Helens words.

You slapped your sister's upper arm and hold a finger to your lips in a gestures of silence.

"How can I help ?" You smiled softly and Valentina left the room.

"Youre the only surgeon that I trust with surgery. It's high risk and it's one of New Amsterdam's own" She starts to explain.

"Who is it ? I might know them from the years at New Amsterdam" You lightly bit your lip.

"Vijay Kapoor. Does the name happen to ring any bells ?" She informed.

"Yeah, he's been their since my very first residency .... Where if I recall correctly, I definitely kicked your ass ?" You teased.

"You didn't. You only came out top of the class because you happen to have cardio experience" She chuckled.

"Sorry, I felt that I should try and lighten up the mood before getting into the very serious stuff" You apologised.

"Don't apologise ... its a pretty messed up female habit" Helen take's one sip of her drink.

"Never again. What surgery do you need my help with ?" You turns to the matters at hand, swiftly.

"I do not think it should be said over the phone" Helen shyly replies.

"I'll take the first available flight landing in New York. I should arrive somepoints tomorrow morning" You end the call.

Helen takes an extremely deep breathed before ending the call.

"Thank you" She whispers and you start searching for the quickest flights to New York.