Ethan Hardy

Seven months ago

Seven months ago ...

"Ethan, we need you at the ED" Faith ran into the doctors office.

"Calm down. What's happened ?" Ethans smile had faded when he heard the tone of his colleagues voice.

"A plane crashes into the ED. I think that Y/N was on there" Faith explained.

"I'm on my way" He slipped on his jacket and jogged down the staircase's, striding down them in few steps.

Ethan rushed around the closest corner, searching for his wife.

"Y/N ? Y/N !?" He crouched down infront of your unconscious body.

You have a large, metal rod shoved deep inside of your abdomen.

"Please, please, ... don't die on me" Ethan pleaded as he checked your pulse.

Alicia see's her friend and ran to his side before kneeling beside you.

"Oh my God ... Y/N ?" She assisted him in flipping you onto your back.

"You're gonna be okay" Ethan insisted as Alicia proceeded to cut off your shirt.

"Crap ! Eth, you really need to check this out" She pressed both of her hand's onto your bleeding chest.

"What is it ? We cannot proceed without knowing every, single injury" Ethan laid your head ontop of his jacket.

Ethan noticed the distraught look on her face, biting his lip's as he examined your chest.

"Damn it !" He muttered when he caught the gash on your chest.

Later that evening ...

Ethan held your hand inside of his as he silently prayed that you'd be okay.

The monitor starting beeping to indicate that you had flatlined.

"Somebody help !!" He opened the doors and called out to the staff.

A medium sized group of nurse's rushed in but while they had tried to resuscitate you, he zoned out.

He watched the events unfold but that is when Ethan heard the team - recharging their machine, which was never a goods sign.

"Time of death ... 11:59 pm" The nurse in charge declared your death.

Ethan melts onto the freezing, cold floor and buried his head in his hands.

Present day ...

"Goodmorning, my love" You greets with a happy smile.

You were dead, there's no doubt that but Ethan could've stop himself from having hallucinations of your ghost.

"Morning. You're in an joyous mood" He smiled, beginning to make his morning's coffee.

"And they told me that dead people don't have any emotions" You joked.

The jokes that you'd making about being dead always made Ethans heart drop.

However, today was the dreaded day his mind allowed your spirit to go free.

"Are you feeling okay, babe ?" You rested a ghostly hand on his shoulder.

"I dont need you anymore ... You can go" Ethan told you sternly.

"You've finally give up on me huh ?" You teased him in a playful manner.

"I suppose that in a way I have. But I can always see you again. There was still the life to come, we might be reunited then" His optimistic attitude's one of the many reasons that you fell in love with him, in the first place.

"I am proud of you, Ethan. I takes alot of courage to let someone go - Expecially, if it's someone you love" You nod as you're starting to fade away.

"Just remember that I love you,Y/N" He's said the words again.

Those three simple words that never fail to make your heart flutter.

"I love you too Ethan Hardy" You replied before fading away into the night air.

"Always ..." He murmurs and as if on cue your son started crying.

"Forever, baby" You watch him standing up before tending to your son.