Derek Hale

"Hey Derek

"Hey Derek. What are you doing here ?" You questioned him.

"Stiles had to leave school early for an appointment, and your dad had to do overtime at work. He texted me and told that that you needed picking up" Derek explains.

"Why wouldn't he be doing overtime ? Typical dad, he only has time for Stiles" You mumble as you get into Derek's car.

"What was that ?" He questioned you.

"It doesn't matter. Let's go" You smiled at him.

You were hoping to fool yourself into thinking that you were genuinely happy.

"Okay, then. Do you want dropping off at your place ? Or would you maybe like to come and train with me ?" He started the car up.

"Dad and Stiles aren't home until later tonight so, I'll probably just be bored at home. And I need help with controlling my wolf, it seems to be getting really out of control lately" You explained to him.

"My place it is. How was school ?" Derek pulls out of the parking lot.

"I actually enjoyed it today" You inform him.

"You genuinely enjoyed school ?" Derek took his sunglasses off.

"I guess, yeah, but it wasn't the school part that was fun. Learning can never not be boring" You placed your bag in the back seat.

"Then, why are you so cheerful ?" Derek turned the steering wheel. 

"My crush asked me out on a date. I've had a crush on him for as long as I can remember. And he is like really hot, not chimera fire hot but still" You gushed to Derek.

"Did he ? I thought that he'd never get the balls to ask you out. He was gushing about you all of the time, always asking me questions about you. He wanted to know everything about you" He smiles, despite the fact that he was emotionally hurt by this news.

"We're here. What's on your mind ? You seem to keep spacing out" You question, leaning against his car.

"I was just thinking about some training tactics that I'd like you to try out" Derek got out of his car.

15 minutes later ...

Derek and Y/N had changed into some comfortable work out clothes and both were prepared to start training.

He waited until your back was turned, sweeping your legs from under you.

"Lesson one -- always be on your guard. No matter who your opponent is" Derek pinned you hands above your head.

"Hey ! You cheated, you didn't tell me that we were starting" You huffed.

"You shouldn't need to be warned. Your a werewolf, use your instincts. Always stay on your guard" Derek gets off you.

You go to punch him in the chest, but he quickly blocks your attack.

"I personally refuse to say that you hit like a girl ... You need to prevent me from anticipating your next moves" He grabs your wrist, not too tightly and yet not too weakly.

Derek let's go of your hand and you spin around in frustration.

"Let's try this again, shall we ?" Derek was now stood in a fighting stance.

"How come you go really easy on Stiles and the rest of the pack, but I get crazy strict gym coach ?" You were positioned in a fighting stance.

Derek takes off his hoodie, revealing the tank top that was wearing underneath.

"Because I know that you can handle it. I know that your body can deal with my levels of intense training" He explains to you.

"Says the all powerful alpha" You dodge his punch.

"Fighting is rhythm. There are many patterns that you need to learn. Some patterns are more difficult to anticipate than others" Derek attempts to punch you in the face but you shove his hand away from you.

He gets in a defensive position and nods his head.

"Again" Derek uses his voice to signal for you to start.

You put up your fists and start to fight him, but he easily blocks your blows.

The two of you continue fighting and he pushes your hand away from his body.

You manage to hit him but he blocks the majority of it.

"And then, once you've established your cadence ..." He is cut off by you spinning out of his grip.

You kick him and press him against the wall while he is distracted.

"-- You change the key" You finish for him.

"Very nice" He smiles at you, panting from exertion.

Derek grabs your arm and presses you against his chest.

"Now -- the head, or the heart ? None of this matters if you cannot make the kill" He gestures down to his chest.

"I'm not going to kill you" You attempt to pull away from him but his grip on you is too tight.

"You don't have to ? All you have to do is grab my heart" Derek assures you that he will be fine.

You quickly let go of him but he pushes your arm back were it was.

"You will be able to kill an attacker. To survive. Now -- the head or the heart ?" Derek repeats himself.

"The heart" You mumble, shoving your hand into Derek's chest.

You grab his heart and Derek winces in pain, but there's a proud smile on his face.

Joshua, your date, enters the garage and is shocked by what he sees.

"Y/N ?!" He gasps in shock, horrified by what he sees.

The position that you and Derek where in looked fairly compromising.

You look as though you were about to kiss him, or atleast that's what Joshua saw.

The two of you both look startled and mildly embarrassed.

You take your hand out of his chest and let go.

Joshua looks slightly jealous, but slowly approaches them whilst Dereke heals.

"I came to ask if you were ready for our date, but it looks like you already have a  boyfriend" Joshua observes.

"Joshua, I know what this looks like but we're just friends. He was just helping me train for my next kick boxing match" You quickly created a cover up story.

"Okay, let's go on this date" Joshua holds his arm out and you take it.

You quickly wiped your blood covered hand on a towel.

"I'll see you later" You waved at Derek, getting into your dates car.

"Yeah, see you around" Derek nodded as he watched Joshua's car pull out of the driveway.

"I wish that you knew how much I love you. I was hoping that you'd be able to work out that I have feelings for you, not as in friends, as in lovers. I really want to be the one taking you out on romantic dates... Can I be him ? The person who you are completely and utterly in love with" Derek thought to himself.