Clary Fray

"Clary" Isabelle called into Clary's room as you followed your older sister

"In here" Clary sniffed as Isabelle rushes down the hall.

Isabelle rested her hand on Clary's doorframe as you finally caught up to her.

"It's Jace" Clary burst into tears as Isabelle engulfed her in a hug.

"Talk to us Clary. What happened ?" You bend down infront of her.

"He's dead" Clary cries out, clearly hurting from her boyfriend's death.

"I'm so sorry Clary" you give the girl your condolences.

"I love him. But he's gone. I don't know what to do. He was everything to me" Clary looks up at Isabelle teary eyed.

"Your still you Clar. I need to go and find Alec give me a few minutes" you head out the door.

You knocked on Alec's door about a minute after you had left Clary's quarters. 

"Hey" Alec greets looking up from a childhood photo of Jace.

"Hey. It wasn't your fault, you know. I can already see the guilt on your face" you sit down on Alec's bed.

"Thanks. I kind of needed that" Alec smiles at you, there was no happiness behind it.

"Do you know that locket ? The one Jace wanted to give Clary for her birthday. I know she won't feel like celebrating but she might as well have it now" you take the small box from Alec's nightstand.

"Jace would want her to have it" Alec nods as you smile at him.

You leave his quarters and head back to Clary's.

Your leant in the doorframe when she looks up at you.

"What's that ?" Clary gestured to the small black box.

"Urm. It's something that Jace wanted to give you for your birthday. But because of current circumstances, I thought that there was no time like the present" you hand Clary the box.

She opened the box, gasping with tears in her eyes when she spotted the locket.

Clary smiled at you, then she opened the locket and teared up at the image of her and Jace.

"I love it. Thank you for giving me this" Clary thanked you.

"No problem" you smiled at her before leaving her quarters and heading into your own.