Courtney Whitmore

"Court ? Court, where the hell are you ?" The sound of your voice could be heard throughout her bedroom

"In my room" You hear her hoarse voice from inside of her room.

You jog upstairs, dumping your bag onto the landing.

Court's sniffles can be heard from where your stood.

You pushed open her bedroom door and she immediately turns to face you.

"Hey baby" Courtney's eyes have turned puffy from crying.

"Hello love" You opened your arms and she ran into them.

Courtney rested her head on your chest, crying against it as her song plays in the background.

It wasn't the best song to start playing at this specific moment.

The song was 'Wildest Dreams' by Taylor Swift and, of course, that awkward part of the song started playing.

"You will see me in hind sight. Tangled up with you all night. Burnin' it down .... In your wildest dreams" The melodic sound of Taylor's voice rang through your ears.

"Are you okay ?" You softly rub her back with your hand.

"No offence, honey but do I look okay ?" Courtney retorts.

"I need you to tell me what's wrong and do you need anything ?" You cupped her cheek with your other hand.

"Just need you" Courtney mumbles into your chest.

"Well, in that case, I better call my mum and tell her that I'm staying here for the night" You pulled out your phone.

"I love you" Courtney mutters into your chest.

"Did you just say that you're in love with me ?" You smirk at her.

"Really, darling ? You know how much I love you and how grateful I am for you" She looks up through her eyelashes.

"That goes both ways, lovely. I am just as in love with you as you're with me" Your words made Courtney smile.

You slowly ran your index finger up and down her spine, causing her to shiver at your touch.

"What is it ? I've never had this effect on you" You hold her tightly in your arms.

"Your hands are freezing" She takes one of your hands in hers.

"It's winter, Court and I may or may not have left my gloves on the kitchen table" You spin her around and wrap your arm around her waist.

"Y/N .. how did you forget a pair of black biker gloves ?" She kisses along the palm of your hand.

"Courtney ...." You trailed off refusing to finish your sentence.

"Talk to me. I'm here for you and I'm not going to leave your side. No matter what is going on with your family" She looked up at you with pleading eyes.

"Honestly, Court, it's nothing that you've got to be worried about. I'm safe and my siblings are too" You assured her.

"Are you 100 % sure ?" Courtney lifts the other hand to her lips.

"Positive. Besides, we need to finally fix your TV" You change the subject.

Courtney shook her head at your words, making you frown in confusion.

"You cannot keep doing stuff like this to yourself" She cupped your cheek.

"Doing what, Court ? I only forgot a pair of gloves" You question her.

"For the third time this week. It's only a Wednesday, Y/N ... Are you having to do too much at home ?" Courtney's usually reassuring words set off a fire inside of your heart.

"You worry way too much. I'm willing to promise that it's nothing. I honestly just keep forgetting a pair of my gloves, you know how forgetful I am" You carefully pull her back into your arms.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry .... I don't know what came over me" Courtney apologies as you shake your head.

"Stop apologising for things that are out of your control. We both know that you can really over analyse things. So this is one of those things. And I know that you do it because you care about me" You're sat on the bed with her sat in your lap.

Court rested her head on your shoulder as sleep slowly began to overpower her.

"Love you" She mumbles sleepily as you lean back onto her bed.

You eventually ended up with Courtney straddling your waist and clinging on to you like a koala bear.

"I love you too. Goodnight, my love" You reply as you soothing stroked her hair.