Finnick Odair

The seventy fifth annual Hunger Games was going to have competitor's choosen from the exciting pool of victors

It was yet another annoyingly inventive way for the inhabitants of the Capitol to torture the twelve districts.

You and Finnick knew that this new rule could cause problems with your existing relationship.

Finnick was District fours victor of the 65th Hunger Games, at the age of 14.

You, on the other hand, were District 4's victor of the 68th Hunger Games, three years later at the age of 17.

When you and Finnick first met, you did honestly think that he was a cocky prick who was incapable of love but oh, how wrong you were.

Finnick was quite the lovely gentleman when you got to know him, which is one of the reasons that led to the two of you getting married five years ago.

And now were you both, stood side by side at the reaping, waiting for them to announce that years tributes.

"The male tribute for District 4 is ..." The man picked up the first name that came out of the machine.

Finnick took your hand in his, smiling at you reassuringly.

"No matter what happens, please don't forget that I love you" Finnick whispers in your ear.

"I'd never dream of it, my love ... And I love you too" You pecked his cheek.

"Finnick Odair" The man announces as you visibly gulped at his words.

"Everything's gonna to be alright, I'll be alright" He hugged you before stepping up onto the stage.

"The female tribute for District 4 ..." He begins as the name rollsinto his hand.

"Y/N Odair" The man announces after a brief moment of silence.

"Wife and husband" One of the possible tributes observed.

"I wonder who is going to kill who" The tributes wife mumbled to her husband.

You inhaled sharply before stepping up onto the stage beside Finnick.

"District 4, your tributes for the seventy fifth annual Hunger Games. Finnick and Y/N Odair" He happily announces to the gathered crowd.

Many cheers erupted from the crowd as Finnick looked at you wearily.

"Who's gonna be their sinner and who's gonna be their saint ?" You grabbed his hand and took it in yours.

"What are you talking about ?" Finnick rose an eyebrow at you in confusion.

"I meant, who are they going to love and who are they gonna hate. District's wise" You explained to him.

Finnick shrugged in response "Not sure but ... I do know that there is not a very high chance of us both surviving this".

"That's not a fact, Finnick. If we have to we could pull a District 12" You suggest.

"What do you mean a 'District 12', Y/N ?" Finnick questioned you.

"Make the Capitol think that we're both going to die together" You pointed out to him.

"That sounds like a foolproof plan for if we're the last tributes standing" Finnick rose your conjoined hands into the air.

At the interviews ...

The interviews had been going on for a while and you'd recently finished yours, so it was Finnicks turn.

He was sat across from Caesar, the star interviewer of the Capitol.

The interview was almost done was he was asked questions about his growing relationship with you.

"Your wife is the female tribute for your District that must be a really hard pill to swallow. Knowing that both of you may not make it out of the arena alive. How do you feel about that ?" Caesar changes the subject to his dating life.

"It's tough knowing that your wife could die in that area but I do know she would never stop fighting, not until her dying breathe had left her lips. And that's why I'm not afraid of the Games because she will be with me until the end. No matter what happens inside that arena" Finnick answers expertly.

"Well on that note, is there anything you would like to say to your wife before we end this interview ?" He offers to him.

"My love, you have all of my heart. You will always be that person who helped me through the darkest parts of my life. You will always be my north star on the darkest, most disasterous of nights. And I love you, you have a place in my heart that no one should have" He smiles very brightly at the camera before ending the interview.

Little did Finnick know that you weren't going to survive.

You did survive the Hunger Games but you didn't survive the Capitols torture.

You were found dead in one of the many torture chamber when they finally came to rescue you, Peter and Johanna.

The news of your untimely death broke Finnick, after everything that he'd been through you were always by his side.

But now you were gone and Finnick was lost without his 'north star'.