James Aubrey

"What's going on here ?" Aubrey came out of the hotel that the crime had taken place in

"I'm looking for special agent James Aubrey" You took off your sunglasses.

"I'm special agent Aubrey, the lead on this case" Aubrey leant against his Range Rover.

"Seriously ? You look like a twelve year old" You glanced around in search of his senior officer.

"Your going to have to stay behind the tape, this is an FBI investigation" Aubrey started writing some info down on his notepad.

"Not for long" You ducked under the caution tape.

"And why's that ?" Booth made his way over to the pair of you.

"Special agent Y/L/N with the CIA. And I'm afraid that this is no longer an FBI investigation" You held your badge up to the two FBI agents.

"The CIA can't just take over an FBI investigation. It has to be authorised by your superiors" Aubrey holds his hand out for your paperwork.

"It was, at 7:52 this morning" You hand the paperwork to Aubrey. 

Aubrey and Booth scanned through the documents, only to find out that you did have full control over the case.

"Why are you so interested in this case ?" Booth handed the documents back to you.

"The fact that your primary suspect is on the CIA's most wanted list. For sexual harassment and murder" You explained.

"Squints I need you to report your findings to this lovely CIA agent" Booth repositions his sunglasses as the Jeffersonian team exited the crime scene.

"We don't report to the CIA Booth" Angela pointed out to the agent.

"From now on, all your findings are to be reported directly to me, they're off the case" You took a notepad out of your jacket and gesture to the two agents.

"What did they do to get taken off the case ?" Camille took off her gloves.

"They didn't do anything. The investigation was passed over to the CIA, Dr Saroyan" You read off of her name badge.

"We'll leave you guys to do your jobs" Aubrey and Booth walk away from the group.

"I think I know that CIA agent from somewhere" Aubrey gets into his car with Booth behind the wheel.

Back in college ...

Aubrey was searching for the book, that he need for his law exam in the college library.

He found that the book was on the very top shelf of the bookcase.

"Great. I'm never going to be able to reach that" Aubrey mutters, scanning around for something to help him reach the book.

His eyes catch on the library ladder, which was only at the other end of the aisle.

Aubrey moves the ladder into position and starts climbing it, he grabs the book but accidentally knocks a large book off the shelf.

He heard a yelp from bellow him making him quickly scale down the ladder, so that he could apologise to the person.

"Oh God, I'm such and idiot. I should have been more careful when picking up that book. I'm so sorry" Aubrey helps you up, picking up the fallen book.

"It's okay, accidents happen. And besides I really needed a book about zoology" You joke, picking the book up.

"I'm James" He introduced himself to you.

"I'm Y/N, I'm assuming that your studying the law and order course" You gestured to the book in his hands.

"Yeah, I want to join the FBI one day. What's your major ?" James scans over the blurb for the law book.

"My major's politics and societal values" You told him, sitting down at one of the library desks.

The bell rang just as Aubrey was about to open his mouth to apologise again.

"That's my cue. I better get to class" James started to exit the library with you, heading to your own lecture.

"I hope to see you around James" You waved at him as you opened the door to your lectures room.

Present day ...

"We went to College together" Aubrey realizes where he remembers you from.

"She's the same age as you ? No offence Aubrey but she asserts more authority than I've seen you have in your entire career" Booth stops at a red light.

"I can assert authority" Aubrey rolls down his window.

"You couldn't even command a fly to get out of the staff room" Booth starts to drive when the lights change to green.

"It went out ... eventually" Aubrey defends what had happened that morning.

Booth starts to laugh at the junior agents defensiveness.

"Yeah after Miley opened the window for it to fly out. You wouldn't go anywhere near it" Booth chuckles.

"Shut up" Aubrey rolls his eyes.