JJ Maybank

⚠️ : Mentions of abuse and addiction

JJ hired a hot tub the Pouge's, he wanted the whole group to be able to relax.

You, Sarah and Kie sat in the far corners and discussed recent events.

"I'm sorry about your dad Y/N. We didn't know how bad his addiction was and we didn't think he would attack you" Sarahs hand was rested on your back.

"It's not your fault, Sarah ... You couldn't have known. I have been getting good at hiding it" You assured them.

"This has happened before ?" Kie notices the small scars that covered your skin.

"When I was just a kid ... my dad used to burn me - He'd use me as ash tray to put out his cigarretes" You informed them.

"Y/N, why didn't you tell us before ?! You know we would have helped you" Sarah took your hands in hers.

"I know but he threatened to kill both of you, if I ever told anyone" You admitted.

Kie squeezed your right hand and Sarah pulled you into her arms.

"You're safe now. Your dad's never going be able to hurt you" Kie assures you and Sarah nodded in agreement.

"I'll help you to find a new place, I'll stay with you until your comfortable" Sarahs words were reassuring as always.

"Thank you girls" You thanks the pair of them and pulled away from Sarah.

"Anytime, Y/N" They both takes a hold of one of your hands.

JJ whistled to indicate that he wanted all of the groups attention.

"Thank you for coming guy's. It's good to have my family here with me" JJ held an glass of champagne in the air.

"I'll drink to that baby" You smile at him, letting go of Kie's hand for a moment.

The group all do a toast, JJ turned on the disco mode of the hot tub.

"I thought - JJ said he had hires a regular hot tub" Pope spoke up over the music.

You waded over to him and nod in silent agreement.

"Yeah, I thought so, too. I will go and ask him" You start to swim to you boyfriend.

"Babe ... Could we talk ?!" You tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

JJ switched off the disco mode and made himself comfortable.

"Whatever you've got to say. You can say it to all of us" He waits for you to speak.

"How much did this hot tub cost ?!" Your tone made JJ pause for a second.

"Why do you need to know that" JJ take's a sip from his glass.

"She want's to know" Pope shrugged and you smiled at him gratefully.

"Most of my money. It's burned quite the hole in my pocket" He openly admitted.

John B and Pope turns to looks at him in utter disbelief.

"Are you kidding me ? You could've paid for restitution" Pope shouted at him.

"Or literally given it to any charity" John B stood up in the hot tub.

Sarah grab onto John's arms while Kiara grabbed onto Pope's.

"Or better you could've helped us get the rest of the gold out of the well ..." John B was cut off by JJ.

"You know what ? I didn't do that. I went and hired a hottub for my friend. No, no my family" He shouted back at them.

JJ stands up and the hottub and that was when you noticed the bruises.

"Oh my God ! JJ, whats on your stomach" Sarah covers her mouth in shock.

"Its nothing" He shook off the concerned looks that everyone gave him.

"No, you're not !! I can tell that you have been repeatedly hit. Who did that to you baby ? Tell me" You walked toward him.

"I said, it's nothing" JJ shouted at you, it's the first time that hes ever rose his voice at you.

"What the hell, JJ ?" Kiara mumble when he turned his back to you.

"Stop being all emotional, okay ? It's fine and I am fine" JJ breaks down infront of the Pouges.

You wrapped both of your arm's around him and he clinged to your body.

"I am sorry. I should've seen this sooner" You whispered in his ear.

JJ clinged tightly to your body, breakings down in your comforting holding.

"I can't take it anymore" His voice cracks as he admitted the truth to you.

"You are okay, my love. Just let it all out" You pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"I nearly killed him" He whimpered into your neck.

"Shush, honey - Everything's going to be fine" You held him in your arms.

The Pouges watches on, their expression a mixture of confused and horrified.

You knew that this was going to be hard, on all of you, but you will protect JJ.

No matter what the cost may be for your protection.