Jay Halstead

"Jay

"Jay ... Jay, I really need you to stay with me" You crouch down beside him.

"I love you" Jay's voice came out as more of a whisper.

"I love you too, Jay. You're not gonna die today" You squeezed his hand.

"What happened ?" Will rested his hand on your shoulder.

"I honestly don't know. We were chasing a suspect, I heard the gunshot over com" You explained.

"Don't worry. We'll take it from here" He assured you with a sad smile.

"You can't let him die, Will. Promise that you'll try to save him" You turn to him.

"As much as I may want to promise, you know that I can't do that. I'll do anything in my power to save him" Will nods.

"Thank you. Is Nat here ?" You stand up, reluctantly moving away from Jay.

"Nat's over there. I'm sure that she won't mind driving you to med" He waved her over.

"Hey, Y/N. Why don't we you to med. You  might quickly need to be out" She greets you.

"I will see you back at med" She gestures toward her car, wrapping a arm around your shoulder.

Chicago Med, later that same night ...

"Welcome to the Chicago Med hospitals, what can I do ?" The women looks up at you.

"I'm Detective Y/N Voight I'm looking for a patient" You inform her.

"What is the patients name ?" The young women opens her laptop.

"It'll be under Jay Halstead" You informs her.

"First room on your left, as soon as your walking in" She smiled.

"- Thank you" You thanked her, entering the busy ED. 

You hesitantly pull back the curtain that the nurse had pointed out to you.

"Hey honey" Jay's tone sounds groggy as he spoke. 

You slowly sat down next of him, taking his hand in yours.

Jay lifted you hand up to his lips, kissing along your knuckles.

"God, Jay, you scared me. I couldn't help but" You trail off but Jay smiled at you.

"I know and I'm sorry, you don't deserve to go through that" Jay kisses your hand.

"No one does" You agreed before both of you fell into silence.

He's tracing patterns onto you palm and you couldn't lie, it tickled a little.

You took his face in both your hand and gently ran you fingers over the cuts.

"Have you had any leads on out mystery shooter ?" Jay changes the subject.

"We have but they turned up empty. Did  you catch an glimpse of their face ?" You run a hand along his cheek.

Jay shakes his head but bite the inside of his cheek.

"We'll catch him, we need an little more of a strong lead" You smile at him.

"I know that you guys will find him. He's hurt one of your own there's always hell to pay for that" Jay kisses your cheek.

Your phone beeps and you pulls it out of your pocket.

"Maybe we have got a lead after all" You showed him the text.

"Go, I'll still be laid here when you come back" Jay assures you.

"I love you Jay Halstead" You cupped his face on your hands.

"I love you too Y/N Voight" Jay kisses you on the lips, it was a pretty quick peck.

"That was short and sweet ..." You teased as he nods.

"Your dad will kick my ass if he walks in on us again" He reminds you.

"Fair point. You better still be laid there when I get back" You warned him.

"Where am I supposed to go ?" He rose a eyebrow at you.

You shrugged and walks out of the small  cubicle, closing the curtain.