Jemma Simmons

"Simmons, I told you not to come over" You opened the door to your apartment

You'd been injured during your latest mission with Bobbi, which lead to you needing crutches for the next few months.

"Well, I kinda ignored the part where you said don't come over" Jemma shrugs, closing the door behind her as she enters.

"Since your here, do you want anything to drink ?" You sat down on the couch and leaned your crutches against the couch arm.

"Sit down. I'll get myself something" Jemma grabbed herself a bottle of beer from your fridge.

"I thought you didn't like beer" You turned the TV on, turning the volume down so that it was just background noise.

Jemma used a bottle opener to get the bottle open, throwing the metal top into the bin.

"I don't" Jemma took a small drink from the glass bottle, pulling it away from her lips with a disgusted expression.

"Then why are you drinking it ? You could just make yourself a coffee" You point out, placing the bottle onto a coaster for her.

"Because I need the alcohol" Jemma picks the bottle up once again, drinking from it.

"And why's that ?" You grabbed the beer that Jemma had put on the coffee table for you.

"I'm really worried about Skye" She admits, placing the bottle back on the table.

"We're all worried about her but she's a fighter. She'll never give up, it's literally in her DNA" You reassured her.

"Thanks, I really needed that" Jemma thanked you as you nod, taking a sip of your beer.

"No problem" You turned the TV volume up slightly.

Jemma took small sips of her alcoholic beverage, a disgusted look appearing on her features everytime.

"You look cute" You complimented, smirking to yourself when she blushed at your comment.

"Flirt" Jemma lightly punched your arm, sitting down on the couch beside you.

"I am not a flirt. I'm just friendly" You defended.

"You just called me cute" Jemma points out.

"Well, you are kinda cute so I wasn't lying" You smiled, realising that you'd proved her point for her.

"See ?" Jemma drank her beer with a smug grin on her face.

"Maybe I am a flirt but it just adds to my charm" You pulled her into your body as you turned the TV onto Netflix.

You and Simmons were close friends but over the last couple of years, you seemed to find yourself falling for her.

"Can I talk to you about something ?" Jemma took the words straight out of your mouth.

You nodded your head, turning the TV off so that the only thing you had to focus on was her. 

"I'm tired of pretending and I cannot continue acting as if I do not love you. Because I do, I love all of you. Even the parts of you that you believe are too dark and too shameful. Every scar, every last flaw, every imperfection. I love you. And I never thought that I could fall for somebody as hard as I have fallen for you" Jemma admits her feelings for you.

"What the future holds for us may be unclear but I know that I want to spend every moment of it with you. I'm not alive until I see your face Jemma, until I hear your voice. And I know that the odds may be against us but my heart aches for you, I need you like a heart needs to beat. And you're beautiful, incredible and I can't seem to get you outta my head. Your funny, irresistible, everything I've ever wanted. Basically what I'm saying is that ... I'm in love with you and I never want to be without you. Would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend ?" You poured your heart out to her.

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend. It will be my greatest honour" Jemma gently intertwined her fingers with yours, holding your hand.

"Do you want to watch a movie ?" You turned the TV back on, noticing her rest her head in your lap.

"Yeah, put on anything you want my love. I'll probably fall asleep halfway through anyways. Who new that openly admitting your feelings for someone could make you so tired" Jemma yawned with her head in your lap.

You selected a random movie, turning the volume down so that Jemma could get some rest.

"Goodnight Simmons" You pressed a lingering kiss to her forehead, hearing her breathing even out.