Kelly Severide

"Severide" you opened the curtain to Kelly's room

"Oh, um, hey Y/N. I forgot that you worked here" Kelly looks up at you.

"And whose this ?" You gesture to the guy stood beside Severide.

"Captain Matt Casey" Matt turned to you and shook your hand.

"I'm gonna go Severide. They need me back at the firehouse" Matt smirks as he leaves.

"So what happened this time" you start to read through Kelly's notes.

"Nothing bad, really. I just jumped out of a bottom floor window at an apartment complex. I think I might have twisted my ankle" Severide shrugs.

"I'm just going to get you booked in for an xray" you right your own notes on the paper.

"Come on. They need me back at the firehouse" Kelly protests.

"Your getting that xray whether you like it or not. Would you like me to call your firehouse and inform them ?" You look up at him placing your pen back into your pocket.

"Thanks again. And yeah that would be nice" Kelly smiles as you walk out of his room.

You walk over to the staff phone and call firehouse 51.

"This is Syvie Brett, firehouse 51 what is you emergency ?" Brett quizzed you.

"Urm, your Lieutenant Kelly Severide was brought in earlier. Please tell me to stop talking if I have the wrong firehouse" you looked at Kelly's medical notes.

"Yeah you have the right number. Is he able to come back on duty or should he take the rest of shift off ?" Brett takes a seat on her bunk.

"Well I've scheduled for an xray, to determine the extent of his ankle injury" you inform her closing Severide's notes.

"I'll tell our Chief to give him the shift off. I never got your name, Dr ..." Brett leaves room for you to finish.

"Right, sorry where are my manners ? I'm Dr Y/N Halstead" you introduce yourself down the line.

"I have to go" Brett told you as the bells went off and she ended the call.

3 hours later ...

Severide had finally come back from his xray and you were heading up to give him the results.

"Hey" you greet pulling back the curtain and entering.

"Is it bad ?" Kelly looks up at you from his phone.

"Actually, no. It's what you originally thought, just a twist. However, I will prescribe some pain meds" you inform Kelly who nods.

"I hope I'm not being out of line but would you like to go on a date with me ?" Severide asks you out.

"I would love that Kelly. What time ?" You smiled at the firefighter.

"Friday let's say 8 o'clock" Kelly offers.

"Works for me. See you then" you wave at him before leaving his room.