Angel

You knew that you had to kill Angel, without his soul he had done some unspeakable things

But it felt like you had to make an impossible decision between ; killing the love of your life or leaving him to massacre Sunnydale.

Angel smirked as he watched you faulter at the sheer sight of him.

"Hello lover" he greets making you glare at him.

"I can take him if you want ?" Xander offers.

You laughed despite yourself and rolled your eyes "No need. I know what I have to do".

The scooby gang nodded watching as you disappeared after the fleeing Angel.

Angel continued running shocked when you tackled him.

The water sprinklers had been set off thanks to Drusilla's earlier fire fest.

"Angel, this isn't you" you try and reason with him, knowing damn well that I wasn't going to work.

"This is the real me. You've known that since we first got together. You just created your perfect little fantasy and that's what stuck in your mind. It's delusional" Angel prods.

You kicked Angel in the chest, sending him flying into the wall.

"Well if that's how it's gonna be" Angel's face changes.

He punches you in the face a move, that you are unable to dodge

Angel tries to sweep your legs from under you but you kick him in the shin, sending him falling to his knees.

You pull your stake out of your jacket pocket holding it above Angel's heart.

Angel watched as you faultered as if you were having an inner debate on what to do.

"You can't do it" Angel watches you with a teasing grin.

"I have to do it" you slowly push the stake closer to Angel.

Angel grabs the stake and uses all his strength to stop you from plunging it into his heart.

"You can't though, can you ? You don't want to do this to your precious Angel. Newsflash he's gone and he will never come back. You either get some balls and kill me or you let me go" Angel snaps at you.

You pull the stake away from Angel and put it back in your jacket.

"Get out of my sight" you glare at him in disgust.

"It's your fault I'm like this, lover. Your the one who gave me that one moment of true happiness. So if anyone is to blame for the murders I commit, it's you. If you and me didn't sleep together then, well, you can work out what would have happened. I'd be cuddled up to you in bed. And you wouldn't be having to make this decision. However, I'm glad that you made the correct choice" Angel digs before disappearing around the corner.

"What happened ?" Buffy rushes over to you.

"He outpowered me and escaped" you lie.

"Don't worry you'll get him next time" Buffy assures you.

"I'm not so sure that I will" you mutter so that Buffy doesn't hear you.