Maya Bishop

A/N : After an arguement with her dad, Maya seemed to have been off her game

A/N : After an arguement with her dad, Maya seemed to have been off her game. Leading to you taking an opportunity to talk to your best friend.

"I thought you were down in Houston" Maya closed her locker as you entered the locker room.

"I was until a few days ago ... Someone happened to mention that you've been having a hard time recently" you started to place your belongings into your locker.

"Andy" Maya smiles, remembering that you had both been in Houston together.

You closed your locker and turned to face Maya, who appeared to be in a deep state of thoughtfulness.

"Penny for your thoughts" you rose an eyebrow at her.

"Do you think that I'm worthless ?" She sat down on the bench, that was in the middle of the locker room.

"Of course I don't. You're one of the best, most hard working firefighters out there. What even put that bizarre idea into your head ?" You bite your lip and wait for her to respond.

"It's just something my dad said to me. I mean, I know that he was drunk but some of the things he said this morning could quite easily be true" Maya admitted.

"You can't think like that, Maya. Whatever your dad said, he didn't say it because he was drunk. He said it because he wanted to, he's putting on this facade of it being down to the alcohol ... All you need to know is that anything he said whilst he was 'drunk' wasn't true. He can call you worthless and a waste of space all he wants because your none of those things ... You just need to remember in your heart that your a powerful, badass, independent women" you lectured, a smile creeping it's way onto Maya's face.

"You really think so ?" Maya looked up at you.

"I do and I'm sorry if I was laying it on a bit thick with the whole speech ... I know what your going through from personal experience ... My dad could be a mentally abusive asshole when he got drunk" you rubbed the back of your neck as Maya smiled at you in a reassuring manner.

You get up to leave but Maya's voice causes you to stop in your tracks.

"Since your home, I was thinking of a homecoming celebration, which would include you, me and coffee" Maya offered.

"Sounds like a date Bishop" you teased, her cheeks becoming flushed at your comment.

"See you around" Maya shook her head at you.

"Yeah, I'll see you around" you smiled before heading over to organise your teams fire truck.