Riley Finn

You held your stake tightly in your hand as you cautiously moved through the cemetery

You were out on patrol because Buffy had to stay home and watch Dawn.

A twig snapping caught your attention and you turned around, coming face to face with Riley.

"Riley ! Don't scare me like that" You lowered your stake.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I thought that you were a vampire" Riley lowers his own stake.

"Since your here, I could do with a set of fresh eyes" You suggested as he nodded his head.

"Ever since I made the decision to leave the Initiative, I seem to have been really restless" Riley confides in you.

"It's probably because your not out and about hunting demons every night. Your bodies used to doing physical activity on a nightly basis. And because you chose to stop doing that so abruptly your body is struggling to adjust" You explained to him.

"That does make quite alot of sense" He agrees with you.

You hummed, turning around to stake a vampire that had attempted to sneak up on the pair of you.

The vampire looked down at the stake in his chest before disintegrating into a pile of dust.

"How did you even know that he was coming for you ? You didn't even have to look at him" Riley glanced down at the pile of dust.

"I could sense him. It sounds crazy but I always seem to know when someone's trying to sneak up on me" You shrugged in response.

"You can sense vampires ?" Riley raises an eyebrow at you.

"I guess" You staked another attacking vampire. 

A vampire snuck up behind Riley when you were busy staking his friend.

His face transforms and he bites down on Riley's neck.

Riley gasps as the vampires fangs are inserted into his neck.

You turn around and throw your stake at Riley's attacker.

He pulls his fangs away so that he could grab the stake.

"That all you got !" The vampire snaps the stake in half.

You staked him from behind and his body fell to the ground, reduced to a pile of ash.

"You shouldn't have come out tonight, Riley. Your still weak from whatever drug the Initiative gave you" You took your stake from the vampires ashes.

"Don't give me the your weak and need to stay where I can protect you speech. I know the risks of what we do. I knew them when I signed up to the Initiative" Riley snaps at you before starting to walk away.

"Riley, you know that I didn't mean it like that. I just want you to be safe" You jogged over to him grabbing his arm.

"And does that mean that I need you to babysit me ? Y/N, I'm more than capable of defending myself. I could have taken care of that vampire without your help" Riley pulls away from you.

"It didn't look like you had it handled. If I hadn't stepped in then, you might have been dead by now" You argued and took a step towards Riley.

"My body would have found a way to handle it. Walsh turned me into a super soldier, remember ?" Riley walks deeper into the cemetery.

"Not even a super soldier would be able to recover from severe blood loss. Even if your fast metabolism had managed to save you ... There's no guarantee that he would have chosen to stop feeding. He's a vampire, Riley, his whole purpose is to suck the life out of humans ... What did you expect me to do if to drank most of your blood ? Did you except me to rush you into the Initiative ? Despite the fact that all of them have orders to kill me" You inhaled deeply at the end of your rant.

"Maybe your right ... but it still doesn't make me incable of defending myself" Riley ran a hand through his hair.

"Riley, wait !" You pleaded with him as he turned his back on you.

"There's nothing else to say" He started to walk away from you.

"Look at me, Riley. I need you to look me in the eyes when you talk to me" You pleaded with him.

"What ?!" Riley turned around, his voice angry and authoritive.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have doubted you. It's just ... when I saw that vampire with his fangs buried in your neck. I froze, I didn't know what to do and that killed me. For a brief moment, I didn't know whether you were going to survive. And that horrified me, the thought of losing you gave me the adrenaline rush that I needed to kill him" You admit with your voice strained from shouting.

Riley was rendered speechless, he didn't have anything that to say that wouldn't upset you.

"Say something, Riley. I need you to say something and I don't care if it angers me or pisses me off. Please, please ... just say something" You begged him to speak to you.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have exploded on you when all you wanted to do was help. And I'm sorry for shouting at you, I know that you hate when I do" Riley apologises.

"Let me take you back to Giles' place. He should have something that I can use to clean up that wound" You gesture to the bite mark on Riley's neck.

"I'll drive" Riley offered and made his way towards the car.

"Your not driving, Riley, your struggling to keep your eyes open. And that wound could attract unwanted attention to us" You take his car keys from his hand.

"Okay" Riley agrees before letting you help him to your car.

"I've got you and I'm gonna make sure to do everything in my power to keep you safe" You vowed to him before closing his car door.

"I'll do the same for you, I'd do anything for you" He mumbled under his breath inside the car.