Gabriela Dawson

"Dawson" you catch a glimpse of her from across the large hall

Gabby's jaw falls open slightly, she turns to the side and sees you.

"Y/N" Gabby smiles as you walk over to her.

"Hey. I didn't know that you were back in town" you hugged her before pulling away.

"Me and Casey wanted to keep it on the down low. Why are you in your work uniform ?" Gabby gestured to your clothing.

"I'm here on duty. They wanted a few firefighters here, to be on the safe side" you explained as Gabby notices the badge on your jacket.

"You took the lieutenants test" Gabby observes.

"Yeah, I decided to go through with it. It only took a little encouragement from Brett and Stella" you smiled at her.

"They're still at 51 then" Gabby chuckles grabbing a glass of champagne.

"Hmm. Sylvie's had quite a few partners since you've been gone. Stella is taking the lieutenants test next summer, I believe" you grabbed a glass of champagne for yourself.

"That's great. How have you been ? I heard what happened on that call. The explosion" Gabby explained her point.

"It's nothing really. That's how I got the recommendation from Boden. He told me it was from my bravery and leadership on that call" you smiled at the thought.

"Well, I kinda need to leave you to your work. Matt asked me to dance and I've been putting it off for the last 20 minutes" Gabby rubs the back of her neck.

"Go dance. I'll be here until the end of the night" you smiled as she walked over to Matt.