Jared Vasquez

"The suspects story checks out detective

"The suspects story checks out detective. I don't know how he could be our killer" The officer informed him.

"Still, something about this story doesn't sit right. What was that guys truck doing in that neighbourhood so late at night ?" Jared pointed out to the female officer.

"Honestly, Jared, I think the only ways to figure that out is by having a chat to the victims sister and wife" She walked back over to her patrol car.

Jared takes the officers advice and drove his patrol car to the victims house.

The victim was a captain at the local fire department and one of his old friends.

He took a deep breathe, knocking on the door of the victims wives house.

You carefully unlocked the deadbolt and allowed Jared to see inside, slightly.

"Hello, miss. I'm detective Jared Vasquez and I'm on your husband case" He spoke into the barely opened door.

You pulled the door all the ways open as you noticed his name. .

"Jared ? Long time, no see" You smiled at him as he held his hand out to shake.

"Y/N ? It's definitely been a while" Jareds still able to recognise you.

"So Vasquez you do remember me" Your inviting him into your house.

"You're unforgettable, Y/N" Jared shake's your hand as he enters the house.

"Sorry about that mess. I have been very unproductive since Edward's death" You apologise as he shakes his head.

"It's called mourning. I've heard that it is good for your mental health" Jar walked around and examined your home.

"Yep, I haven't ever experienced a loss of this magnitude before" You reasoned.

"I am gonna need to have a look around. See if there are an clue's about Edward's murder" Jared informed you.

"Take anything that you need, please try to find my husbands murderer - Doesn't matter what it takes" You tolds him your wishes.

"I promise I'll hold them responsible" He assured you.

"Would you like anything to drink, Jar ?" You enquired as he shook his head.

"No, thank you. I have got another case I need take care of" Vasquez stood up and walked over to the partially open door.

"Then ... I guess I'll see you around" Your leant against the couch in the room.

"I will need to come and investigate - yes I'll see you around" He left the house.

Jared kept his promises but it was pretty hard to do so .... because Edward's killer was a notorious serial murderer.