Chloe Decker

"You are unbelievable

"You are unbelievable. It's 5 in the morning ?" Chloe opens the door, a towel wrapped around her body.

"I wasn't planning on disturbing you at this hour detective" you closed the door behind you.

"If you weren't planning on disturbing me, why are you here ?" Chloe lead you into the living room.

"I was summoned here actually. Your daughter called me" you shrugged as Chloe disappeared into the bedroom.

"How could Trixie even call you ? She doesn't have a phone" Chloe points out as she starts to get ready for work.

"She used yours, I only answered because your caller ID popped up" you explained.

"What do you even have my number saved as ? You have to have known millions of Chloe's" Chloe came out of her bedroom, fully dressed.

"There's only one contact on my phone that could possibly be your" you shrugged.

"And what would that be ?" Chloe sat down across from you.

"What did I call you when I came in earlier ?" You pulled your phone out of your jacket pocket to check for any missed calls.

"You have my numbered saved under Detective ?" Chloe rolls her eyes at you.

"It's the only way that I'd know you were the one calling me" You defended.

"Right ... Why did Trixie call you ? And why at 5 in the morning ?" Chloe took the phone from your hands.

"Correction, she called me at 1 in the  morning" you explained as Chloe checked your call log.

"Why would she do that ? She didn't come into my room at any point last night" Chloe hands your phone back to you.

"You think she called me over a nightmare ?" You locked your phone and placed it on the coffee table.

"It's a possibility, yeah" Chloe shrugged.

"I don't think your daughter calling a devil was the best idea, especially if she was having nightmares" you joked in an attempt to lighten the mood.

Chloe smiled at you and gestured to the kitchen.

"Trix will probably wake up soon. Do you maybe want to stay until she wakes up ? I could make you a coffee" Chloe suggested.

"I'd like that detective ... Besides it's raining and I didn't bring a coat" you gestured out the window.

2 hours later ...

"Y/N" Trixie jumped onto the couch and cuddled into your side.

"Morning munchkin" you smiled down at her.

"Hi mom" Trixie greeted Chloe when she entered the living room.

"Trixie babe, why did you call Y/N last night ?" Chloe pulled her daughter onto her lap.

"I had a nightmare and I didn't want to bother you, so I borrowed your phone and called Y/N instead" Trixie leant her head on Chloe's chest.

"Sweetie, you can just come into my room if you have a nightmare ?" Chloe ran her hand through Trixie's hair.

"I know but this one was really scary. There were these two figures who both had red and gold wings" Trixie fiddled with her fingers.

"Red and gold wings ?" You gulped,  standing up from the couch.

"Yeah, they were holding something too. It looked like some sort of knife" Trixie cuddled more into Chloe.

Chloe turned to you as you pacing around the living room.

"Honey, could you give me and Y/N a minute ?" Chloe kisses Trixie's forhead.

Trixie nods and wonders back into her bedroom.

"What's wrong ?" Chloe turns you to face her.

"Nothings wrong detective" You rubbed the back of your neck.

"Somethings clearly bothering you ... Talk to me" Chloe guided you over to the couch.

"Those creatures that Trixie had a nightmare about. They aren't just any creatures, they've been hunting the Morningstar family for generations. And they always succeed, they always manage to kill atleast one of us" you bite your lip at the thought of the creatures.

"Hey, look at me" Chloe made you look into her eyes.

"They aren't going to harm you, okay ? I won't let them get close enough" Chloe assures you.

"I didn't know that you were such a good therapist" You teased her.

"Neither did I" Chloe chuckles as you smiled at her.

"Perhaps what Trixie saw was merely a dream, they're not exactly the get into someone's head type" You pushed away the thought.

"That's a good thing because I don't know how I'd cope with losing someone else" Chloe rested her forehead against yours.

"I'm not going anywhere detective. I'll always be by your side" you assured her.