Jackson Avery

Jackson has just returned from his early morning run

"Good morning" You greet Jackson, who shrugs his coat from his shoulders.

"Morning" Jackson mutters in response.

"Everything okay ?" You helped take off his jacket.

"I've felt like crap since we woke up" He informs you.

You place you hand on his forehead and find that he's running a fever.

"Jack ... you're burning up. Maybe it'd be better if you got some rest, call in works sick" You offered.

"Y/N, I can't today. I've got to supervise a high risk surgery" Jackson whines.

"For the last time, Jack, you're not going to work" You tell him.

Jackson knew alot better than to start an arguement with you, you were trying to look after him.

"I'll stay home but I will need you to call Meredith and explain" Jackson carefully removed his shoes.

"Okay, yeah. You get into the shower and make sure that you put the shower onto the medium setting. Not too hot and not too cold" You suggested.

Jackson nodded his head weakly before disappearing into the bathroom.

You picked up his phone and opened his contacts, Meredith was on his recents.

The phone rang a couple of times before you heard shuffling on the other end.

"Give me a second, Jack" Meredith holds the phone in one hand and pulls it away from her ear.

"Can none of you do your jobs right ? It's a simple procedure, just get it done. And  when I find out you stupid surgeon have done something wrong. I will be the one who kicks your asses -- Am I making this easy enough to understand ?!" She snaps at her interns.

"Yes Dr Grey" They mutters and get back to work.

"Sorry about that. What's do you need ?" Meredith apologises down the line.

"Are you Meredith Grey ?" You ask down the line.

Meredith clicked on to the fact Jackson's currently out of town, working away.

"Yes, I am. Who is calling ? Jack does not tell us about his personal life" She smile down at her phone.

"Right -- I'm Y/N Severide. I work for the Chicago fire department" You introduce.

"It is nice to be able to put name to your face" Her word's confused you.

"What're you talking about ?" You places  the phone on speaker.

"Jack always shows us picture of the two of you together" Meredith explains.

"Oh, of course, Jackson shows you guys" You rub the back of your neck.

Meredith stays silent for a second as she fills in some paperwork.

"Why did you call me on Jack's phone ?" She enquires.

"He won't be coming into work for a few days. He's ill, I don't think that it's a good idea for him to come in ill" You explain.

"I'll tell Bailey. Thank you for letting me know" Meredith hangs up the phone. 

You hung up on your end and follow the  sound of Jackson's slight whining.

Jackson calls out to you "Y/N, honey, can you pass me a towel. I forgot to get one".

"Okay, I'll go and grab one for you" Your words made him relax.

You grabbed a towel and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Come in" Jackson shouts to you, slightly moving his aching muscles.

He winced in pain as you enter the large bathroom.

Jackson pokes his head around the glass inside the shower, holding his hand out.

"Give me a few minutes to just enjoy the view" You keep it out of his reach.

"You're awful to me" Jackson pouted but the simple movement made him wince.

"I like to look at handsome young men. I don't see the harm in that" You place the towel into his hand.

"There isn't, love. It's the fact that you've got to stare at me all the time. I love you but if I ever catch you staring again, I'll - be forced to punish you" Jack smirks.

"Well, I won't stop staring for some time. I'll be a bad girl and you'll be needing to punish me" You smirk at him.

You walked out of the room and Jackson used his hands to cover his crotch area.

"Fuck you Y/N !" Jack shouted, he clearly wanted you to hear him.

"You can do that anytime, my love" Your smirking at your own words.