Emily Fields

"Em ?" You opened the door to your empty office, finding Emily holding a picture of her and her dad

"Oh hey. I didn't think you'd be home until tonight" Emily wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Since I managed to close all of my cases, they're giving me the rest of the week off" You sat down beside Emily on the floor.

Emily hung her head, reluctantly deciding that she needed to open up to you.

"It's my dad Y/N" Emily reached out for your hand.

You took her hand in yours, giving it a gentle yet reassuring squeeze.

"What happened Em ?" You looked into her teary eyes.

"My dads gone. He died whilst he was away in the army ... and I just don't see a point to anything anymore" Emily's tears started to pour down her face.

"Come here honey" You pulled her into your arms, her tears soaking your old sweatshirt.

"I just really miss him" Emily mumbled into your shoulder.

"You always will Em. He was your dad. You were his little girl and he was one of the people who shaped you into who you are today" You tried to console your grieving girlfriend.

"What's the best way to remember him ?" Emily cried out, your heart breaking as the strongest woman you knew fell apart in your arms.

"By keeping some of his stuff. You don't have to keep everything but keep some stuff that reminds you of him" You kissed her on the forehead.

"What do I do know ? My dad was my person. Do I find a new one ?" Emily rested her back against your front.

"You need to find your new person. The person who makes you smile even on the worst of days. The person who will always be by your side through everything. The person you can trust with your deepest desires and darkest secrets. You need to figure out who your rock is" You took her face in your hands.

"I don't need to find that person Y/N. Their already holding me in their arms" Emily tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

You kissed away a few of the tears that fell down her cheeks.

"And I'll always be here because I love you" You smiled at her in a comforting manner.

"I love you too. I'm sorry for breaking down on you" Emily apologised trying to pull away from you.

"You don't have to apologise for having feelings" You resisted her attempts to pull away from you.

"If you want dinner then you should probably let me go" Emily smirked at you. 

"I'll make dinner" You stood up from the ground and opened the office door.

"Thank you ... for being here for me" She smiled at you, getting up from the ground.

"No problem" You closed the door to give her some privacy and started making your way towards the kitchen.