Marcus Baker

⚠️ : Mentions of self harm

"Babe, where are you ? I brought your favourite pizza" Marcus kicks the door closed behind him. 

You were sitting on the bathroom floor, your head rested against the bathtub.

"Honey ? Where are you ?" He entered your room.

You did your best to hold back your sobs but you couldn't do it.

Small, almost soundless whimpers fell from your lips as the blade glided across your skin.

"Y/N ?! Please just call out, tell me where you are" Marcus places the pizza onto the bed.

You swallowed the lump in your throat, putting your hoodie back on to hide the fresh cut marks.

"I'm in the bathroom" You called out to him, wiping your tears on your hoodie sleeve.

Marcus pushes the bathroom door open, leaning in the doorframe.

"What are you doing in here ?" Marcus fully entered the room, crouching down infront of you.

"I've not been feeling well lately, I've -- been feeling really nauseous. I came in to use the toilet but I ended up throwing up" You made up an excuse.

He honestly believed your words, until he saw the glimer of something shiny on the bathroom floor.

"Darling, what's that ?" Marcus gestures to what he was seeing.

"Oh that, it's nothing. I think it's our new bath plug" You shrugged.

He stood up and walked over to you, he was horrified by what he saw.

Inside the bathtub was a thin stream of partially dried blood.

"That's blood. What happened ? Did you slip in the shower and hit your head" He took your face in his hands.

"Marcus, it's nothing. I accidentally cut myself when I was shaving my legs last night. It's no big deal" You assured him.

Marcus picked up a metal blade holding it up to the light, showing the blood that was on it.

"You didn't do this by shaving because if you did then, there would have been a disposable razor attached to this blade" He opens up the bin.

Marcus saw the multiple dulled blades, each covered with splatters of blood.

"Oh my God ... Please don't tell me that you've been doing it to yourself" Marcus eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"No,of course not. I would never do this to myself. Baby, it's not what you think" You looked at him pleadingly.

"Take off your hoodie" Marcus let the tears fall from his eyes.

"Marcus, please" You trailed off, looking into his eyes.

"Take it off ... I won't judge you" Marcus walked towards you, slowly starting to take off your hoodie.

You resisted his movements, doing your best to keep the hoodie in place.

"Baby, I'll never see you as anything less than a Mona Lisa masterpiece" Marcus  assured you softly, resting his hand on your forearm.

You bite your lip, holding back the sobs that threatened to spill from your lips.

"Let me look at your scars because they show me how strong you truely are" He waited for your response.

"Okay, just don't be mad at me" You gave him a nod of consent.

"I couldn't be mad at you. Especially not for something like this" He pulled your hoodie over your head, tears pricking his eyes when he saw the scars.

They were scattered along both of your arms, trailing from your wrists to your shoulders.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Marcus. I- I don't even know how this started but it's just so hard to stop ... There's a voice in the back of my mind, telling me that to keep cutting until my lifeless form falls limp. And I can't fight it, I'm too weak to fight the overwhelming urge to run a sharp blade along my skin" You admit to him.

Marcus tries to pull you into his arms protectively, despite the fact that your trying to pull away from him.

You've caused him enough pain already and you can't even stomach the idea of causing him anymore.

Marcus succeeds by pulling you into his arms, softly caressing your cheek.

"Your the light of my life and I'm never giving up on you. No matter what. I will help you get through this ... we'll find a way to pull you back from the edge" He assured you in a soothing tone.

"How can you be so sure that I'm not too broken to be fixed ?" You looked up at him.

"Because I know you" Marcus leant his forehead against yours.

"With you by my side. I know that I am going to kick self-harms ass" You pulled him into a kiss.

Marcus reciprocated the kiss with a hint of desperation.

He was desperate to be certain that you weren't going to leave him anytime time soon.

Because of your love for him, you knew that you'd be able to get through this.

Whatever it takes.