Katniss Everdeen

You hadn't been back to District 12 ever since you won the Hunger Games 3 years ago

Katniss and yourself had been pretty close, despite the fact that you were from District 2.

Prim had seen some fake news earlier that morning.

Leading her and Katniss to believe that you were dead.

Katniss pulled Prim into her and they exchanged a tight hug.

"Why are you two so moody ?" You sneak up on the pair.

"I'm hearing things right. Y/N is dead" Prim turns around to face you.

"No your not hearing things Prim. What in the world made you think that I was dead ?" You tease her as Katniss turns to face you.

"Mum wanted me to help her with something" Prim wipes her tears, excusing herself and walks away from you and Katniss.

"So, your still breathing" Katniss teases.

"Hmm. Yep, still breathing alright" you sit down beside Katniss on the small fallen log.

After a few moments of peaceful silence, Katniss speaks up.

"Why didn't you come back ?" Katniss look up at you.

"I tried to but the guards wouldn't let me. Turns out winning the Games doesn't make you too popular around here. That's made worse, by the fact that I helped the other tribute from my District to kill 12's tributes" you explained why you had been unable to return.

"Your here to stay though, yeah ?" Katniss gazes into your eyes hopefully.

"I'm here to stay, I promise I'm not going anywhere. I feel awful for leaving you. Especially after how we left things" you admit to her.

"That's all water under the bridge. But I can't just dive straight back into a romantic relationship with you" Katniss informs you.

"Yeah, that I understand. So let's start over as friends" you offered.

"Sounds like a plan. Perhaps you'd like to come to diner at my place" Katniss smiles at you.

"I'd love that. I don't think your mum's over fond of me though" you joked.

"Don't be silly, she loves you. Come on she's cooking her famous pie" Katniss smirks.

"Fine. You really know how to get me to do your bidding" you chuckled helping Katniss up.

"It's my speciality. Comes with years and years of practice" Katniss teases before running off.

You run after her "You know you can't outrun me".

You and Katniss joked around on the way up to her house.

The meal was awkward at first but Prim and Katniss's mother quickly warmed up to you.