If You Asked Me To *H.MM x J.WW*

I said I'd never let nobody near my heart again, darlin'. I said I'd never let nobody in - Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To

"I like you...no I love you, Wonwoo. I love you for a long time. I finally had the courage to tell you this. I love you for the last two years and I really want you to be by your side for a long time."

Silence between the two, as Momo was holding sunflowers in her arms, looking at him. They were in the middle of the courtyard at a school event. A lot of people were watching her confess to him. Wonwoo just looked at her, as she was waiting for an answer from him.

"I'm sorry...but I can't return the feeling," he spoke to her, as Momo's smile falter. "I like you as my best friend, but I like someone else." Momo just nodded at him, as he gave her a smile. "I will see you later." Wonwoo walked away to join his friends, as she turn away. She was trying not to let the tears come out, as people were whispering around her.

"Poor thing. Everyone knew she was crushing over him for a long time."
"Finally she confessed and he reject her."
"He always had eyes on Rosé though."
"They are just too different for each other."
"Still feel sorry for her."
"She can do better than him."

Momo dropped the flowers in the trash and kept walking with her head high. She made it somewhere in the school where nobody could see her, as she sunk down to the floor and let out her tears of disappointment, sadness, and rejection. She thought there was something really special between them but she was too blind to see that he was in love with someone else. She has vowed to herself that she will never let anyone near her again, which means she needs to cut ties with Wonwoo.
.....
"Are you sure about this?" The teacher asked her, as Momo nodded.

"Yes I'm sure." Momo hand the teacher some papers. "I do enjoy your teaching I really do but...I...there are some individuals in the class I do not get...I mean we just don't see eye to eye." Momo didn't want to blame people for false things. "Plus Mr. Choi states he can help me get my grades up and hope to get into a fine college."

The teacher just nodded and took the paper and signed. "I will miss you in my class Momo." Momo nodded at her.

"Did you hear? Momo transfer to a different class?"
"I heard she was place in a classroom where she can get more help in her school work."
"Well she isn't the smartest that's for sure."

Wonwoo looked at the empty desk next to him, where Momo used to sit. He knew she did struggle with her work and she knew he would help her. Wonwoo sighed and thought to himself about her confession last week. She still will talk to him like normal, but he can see the shine in her eyes faded. She kept her distance from him when he talks to other girls. He is believed she doesn't want to get close or something. He does miss her hanging out with him, as she is the one that he can tell her anything and everything.

"So Wonwoo, guess we are going to be seat mates now that Momo left to a new class," said Rosé, taking a seat next to him with her bag. Wonwoo just gave her a smile. Maybe this can help him get close to Rosé since he does have a crush on her.

-A Week Later-
"I see you are doing well," said Mingyu, as Wonwoo had his head on the table. "Want to tell me what's up?"

"I was wrong about Rosé. She isn't the girl i though she was. She is way too clingy, always talking about herself, too high maintenance, and she talk down to others," he replied, not looking up.

"So I take it you ask her out and found out all about this."

"I was going to, but the moment she spoke ill about Momo I lash out on her with all of Hell's fury. The teacher had to separate us in the classroom and I have detention for two weeks because of that." Wonwoo looked up at him. "I almost made the biggest mistake of my life."

"No you almost made the second biggest mistake, you already made your first."

"What?"

"You didn't return your feelings to Momo when she confessed," Mingyu pointed out.

"But I don't...."

"Dude think about what had been in the last two weeks. Momo stopped talking with all of us after a week. She can't bare the sight of you anymore for breaking her heart. You two had been friends since we were in kindergarten. The two of you never get mad at each other and talk every day. Tell me when was the last time you talk with her? When was the last time she join us for lunch? Do you really think she transferred classes because she is actually struggling with her grades? Or is it to get away from you?" Wonwoo listened to Mingyu's words and thought to himself.

He didn't realized how much he had missed Momo. She hasn't talk to him in a week. She stopped joining him for lunch, even though they are in different classes now they have the same lunch time. Momo has avoid him because he was too focus on Rosé and maybe it was her way to heal. Wonwoo misses Momo's smiles and her giggled to get him through the day. He missed her hugging his arm and being close to him. He miss their random talks in the middle of night. He missed the shine in her eyes when it was focus on him. Wonwoo was Momo's world and he rejected her. He got up and went searching for Momo to make things right.

"I knew it, but he is too chicken to share his feelings," Mingyu said, sipping his banana milk.

Wonwoo looked around for Momo in the school until he spotted her on the rooftop, talking with Rosé and her friends. He could see it was getting heated up there, as he was ready to head up there. Then he saw something he wish he would never see. Rosé pushed Momo, making her  lose balance, and slip on the rails. Wonwoo ran as fast as he could to the rooftop. He busted the door open to see Rosé giving Momo a hard push, making her fall over the rails. He ran so fast, he hit the rails and looked over to see Momo hanging on a pipe.

"Momo, give me your hand," he called to her, reaching out to her. She looked at him, as she looked back down to the ground. "Please!"

"I'm scared," she told him, looking at him. The pipe was slowly starting to break from where it was at. She let out a little scream, feeling it move.

"Momo, I will never let you down and you know that. Please give me your hand!" He reached out, as Momo looked at him. "I love you. I love you too much to let you go! I'm a coward for denying you but I realized it was a mistake in my life. I want you to be with me forever. Please, give me your hand." Momo slowly moved one hand off the pipe and tried to reach out to him.

"I love you too Wonwoo..." she said, trying to get his hand with hers. She was fingertips from his hand.

-Snap-

the pipe breaks.
.....

Wonwoo: Where is that woman! She isn't going to see her birthday on Sunday! -hunting down the author-
Taeyong: Wow, that's one of the meanest cliffhangers you done. -looking around for author-
Ten: where is the author?
Yuta: hiding I bet you. You see how mad Wonwoo is.
Hoshi: We would do the same if she did that to us.
Taeyong: guess I will take over...thank you for reading this part. Comment and vote if you want a sequel.
Wonwoo: -yell from afar- you guys better! Now where is she!
Taeyong: Err...see you next time. Chaeyoung..
Chaeyoung: Bye sweetie sweetie
Mark: My love, happy birthday!
Chaeyoung: thanks Markie.

-meanwhile in the South Pole-
Nobody will find me here...hehe -going to write more parts-