Someone's Watching Over Me *H.MM x P.SH*

So I won't give up. No I won't break down - Hilary Duff - Someone's Watching Over Me

She kept running as far as she could. She could not get caught. She needs to be safe from his grasp. With her bag against her chest, the young princess kept on running down the path. She barely had time to look back, as her kingdom was in flames. Everyone is gone but her. Nobody is ever going to believe she was a princess. What is a princess without a kingdom?

The young princess snapped out of her thought, as she looked around. Everyone in the castle was busy, as she knew she need to get working as well. She was discovered by a few guards of this kingdom, passed out in the meadow. Taking pity on her condition, they brought her to the castle to let her heal and recover. The young princess did not think she would have met the king, Seonghwa. He offered her a place in the castle as one of the servants since she was not from around here. The young princess accepted, as she had her own little room in the servants quarters.

"Momo, are you done sweeping up the courtyard," called out Doyoung, as she nodded. "Good, I need another hand in the kitchen to cook for the ball tomorrow." Momo followed Doyoung to the kitchen and started to cook with him.

Seonghwa has tried to speak to the young princess about her past, but she refused. He can see the sadness in her eyes whenever this was mention. Seonghwa didn't like anyone to be sad, yet he does have a hard time getting through to her. Momo does do a nice job in the castle, but he does wish he can connect with her like everyone else.

Seonghwa walked through the kitchen and saw Momo, chopping up some carrots. He just watched her, as like he was studying her to figure her out. Momo was concentrating too hard, as she did cut herself a bit. She hissed in pain, as she put the knife down. Before she could do anything, Seonghwa was already next to her, wrapping his handkerchief around her finger.

"My king...I..." she spoke softly to him, as he looked into her eyes.

"Please Momo follow me," he said, as he left the kitchen. Momo kept her head down and follow the king. They entered the garden, as Momo went straight to the well to get some water. "Please tell me a bit about yourself. You are the only person in the castle I know so little about." Momo sighed, as she didn't want to talk about her past. Yet she was scared if she doesn't, he might throw her out the only place she can actually start calling a home.

"I have no family, your majesty," she spoke to him, pulling the water-filled bucket. "I did not know my father as he passed away before I was born. My mother passed away not too long ago." She set the bucket down on the ground and scoop up some water to take a drink.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Momo," Seonghwa said, now feeling bad making her talk about her past.

"It's quite all right, it isn't your fault." Seonghwa had to admit he is really surprise how formal she can speak, like she was a princess herself.

"And your home?"

"My home isn't a home any long, your majesty." Momo place the bucket back into the well. "I am grateful for what you have done for me. Please excuse me, your majesty. I must assist Doyoung with the cooking and I thank you for my finger." Momo gave him a bow, before returning to the kitchen.
.....
The ball was tonight, as Momo was in her little room. She could hear the laughter and music from where she was and sighed. She missed dancing in the ballroom with her friends. Momo wish she could relive those moments again, even for one night. She went to her bag and dug in to pull out a beautiful red dress. One of her favorite dresses she was able to save before her kingdom burned down. She does have quite a few outfits with her, but kept them in her bag. Now, this was her chance to relive her favorite thing in the world. She will get to dressed up and look like an actual princess.

Everyone was having a good time at the ball. Seonghwa was sitting on the throne, watching everyone enjoying themselves. The door to the ballroom opened up, as Momo came into the room dressed up. Everyone looked at her and were amazed by her beauty. Seonghwa stood up from his throne to see the beautiful Momo walking into the room with a smile on her face. He walked over to her and held out his hand to her.

"May I have this dance, my Princess." Momo nodded, as she took his hand and they dance the night away. Momo was enjoying herself, as Seonghwa spoke. "You have to be the most beautiful princess I ever seen. I would love you to be my wife."

"But your majesty, you don't know anything about me?" Momo asked him, as she was slowing down. "And besides I'm not a princess."

"Princess or not, I don't care where you are from. You are far to precious to slip out of my grasp. I want to protect you from all and give you the love you deserve. Please let me marry you." Momo stopped dancing and looked at the king with concern in her eyes. "What is wrong my Princess?"

"I'm sorry but I can't..." she ran out of the ballroom, as Seonghwa tried to chase after her. Momo made it to her little room and shut the door. She sat on her bed and wept into her hands. "I'm sorry but I don't deserve anything...my dear king..."
.....
Seonghwa couldn't stop thinking about the girl from the ball. She was everything he wanted, but something did puzzled him. The look of sadness in her eyes. She had the same look as someone he knows but couldn't think of who.

Momo walked by the throne room with her bucket and mop to clean the floor. She was Seonghwa sitting on his throne in deep thought. She had to admit he is quite handsome, but she knew she doesn't have a chance. Momo set the bucket down and started to mop. She was moving like she was dancing, as Seonghwa looked over to her. He studied her, as she continued to mop the floor. Momo did turned to the king, giving him a look of concern. Seonghwa gasped, as it was exactly the same look from last night with the mysterious girl.

"Your majesty, are you feeling all right?"

"It was you," he said, getting off his throne and going to Momo. He took her hands into his and she dropped the mop to the ground. "You were that girl I dance with last night." Momo lower her head and nod. "Didn't I tell you, I don't care where you are from or if you are a princess or not. You are the one for me." He placed her hand on his heart, as she gasped how fast it was going. "I vowed to make you happy once again. I don't know the full story of your past, but you do deserve love. Please, my dear Princess, be my wife." Momo looked at him with tears in her eyes, as she gave him a nod.

"Yes your majesty, I would be honor to be your wife." Seonghwa picked her up and spun her around, as she giggled at him. That was music to his ears to hear Momo giggle for the first time. He set her down and took her into his arms. He leaned down and gave her a kiss, as she did return it. The king has his queen and the young princess found love.