chapter 1 Zhou"s Yard

In Xiawan Village under the jurisdiction of Guang'an County in Dayue, the midsummer evening faded away from the scorching heat of the day, and the cool breeze blew by. The farmers who had worked all day had dinner and sat outside to enjoy the coolness, which was rare. The women were chatting together, while the men were bragging and farting together. A scream that seemed to pierce the sky broke the tranquility.

    "This is the second sister-in-law of the Zhou family who is about to give birth?" someone who knew it said.

    "No, isn't there still one month to go, could it be premature?" "

    Ah, that's bad, it's hard to support this premature birth.

    " Didn’t all the girl-girl movies feed her?”

    “How do you know that people still give birth to girls?”

    “I’ve given birth to four girls, and this baby must still be a girl. Too much is useless."

    "Shhh, don't say that in front of Brother Zhou Zhou, otherwise people will have to fight you hard! It's not like you don't know that the couple almost lost their eyes looking forward to a son"

    " My tiger, of course I wouldn't say that in front of his face."

    Rusty discussions sounded out among the crowd enjoying the cool air, and some got up and walked towards Zhou's house wanting to watch the excitement.

    The Zhou family said it was a house, that is, an earthen house with three entrances, a main house with three main rooms, side rooms on both sides, covered with black tiles, and surrounded by a yard. In Xiawan Village, most of them are two or three In a village sheltered by a few earthen houses, such a house can be regarded as very grand.

    In the courtyard of the Zhou family, in a small room in the West Wing, an extremely haggard woman was lying on the bed. Except for her bulging belly, her thin limbs did not reveal that she was a pregnant woman at all.     "Tuesday sister-in-law, work harder, the amniotic fluid has already broken, and you can give birth to a baby if you work harder." The midwife panicked when she saw the woman gradually weakening, and hurriedly said.     I don't know if it was because the midwife said that having a boy gave the woman motivation, so she really opened her eyes and worked hard, the veins on her forehead popped up, and she let out a muffled groan from time to time.

    Standing beside the kang were two girls, both skinny and small, about five or six years old, with tears in their eyes, and one of them, the older one, kept wiping the sweat off the woman's forehead.

    At the door of the room, a crippled man was already in a panic when he heard the muffled groan. He dragged his unsteady legs and walked around the door unconsciously.

    There was a muffled groan in the room, when the midwife ran out and said to the crippled man anxiously: "Brother Zhou, this second sister-in-law is having a difficult life, and it doesn't look very good, you'd better ask A doctor."

    "Not good? Yanniang!" The lame man's face turned pale when he heard the midwife say that, and he didn't care about the custom that men are not allowed to enter the delivery room, so he ran into the delivery room with his lame leg and looked at the closed room. Looking at the gray-eyed wife, Zhou Shou felt a throbbing pain in his heart.

    "Yanniang, open your eyes and work harder!"

    "Brother Shou...", Wang Yan opened her eyes with difficulty, panting a few times: "I'm afraid it won't work..., you will take a few girls to work hard in the future." But, find them a decent husband's family, and then find someone to give birth to a son for you."