chapter 88

Chapter 88 Arriving in the Capital

    After getting out of the city gate, the drivers of the car dealership also ordered: "Masters, our speed will be very fast later, please don't call to stop, and don't throw food to them, otherwise we may not be able to get out, wait It will be fine after this period."

    Zhou Yi and Zhao Yuwen nodded naturally.

    Zhou Yi and Zhao Yuwen each took the book boy into a carriage. After sitting down, the coachman whipped his whip violently, and the carriage roared like an arrow off the string and rushed forward.

    "Master, this... this is too fast." Due to the inertia, both Zhou Yi and Qingzhu leaned back suddenly, and Qingzhu's head hit the carriage, and he grinned in pain.

    "Didn't you listen to the coachman? If you don't walk faster, you won't be able to get out." Zhou Yi was hit on the back of the head just now.

    "Then why wasn't it like this when I was fleeing famine before, we all went to pick up the bark on the mountain to eat." Qing Zhu recalled that time, with deep fear in his eyes.

    Strip bark? One or two days is fine, but can it be done every day? Besides, the mountain is also under the jurisdiction of various prefectures, and it is an important property of the local villagers. How could those people allow the refugees to strip the mountain away.

    Zhou Yi will lift the curtain of the car and see a scene that he will never forget. Both sides of the official road outside the city gate were full of refugees lying like piles of dead bodies. Some people were already infected with the disease, but they could not receive medical treatment and had no sanitary conditions. . People with a little strength will catch these mosquitoes, and immediately stuff one into their mouths.

    When the carriage got on the official road, Zhou Yi could clearly feel the green light in the eyes of the refugees on both sides looking at their carriage, which was an extreme desire for food.

    They opened their hands, stared at the official road and wanted to climb towards the carriage, but because they had no strength, their bodies could only squirm in place, like zombies.

    Zhou Yi suddenly lowered the car curtain as if his hand had been scalded. He thought, he saw the purgatory on earth.

    Ten miles along the road, all such scenes.

    Zhou Yi closed his eyes and forced himself not to look or think.

    The carriage set off early in the morning, and when the sun went down, it finally arrived at the heart of the Dayue Dynasty—the capital, the imperial city of Beiping, which had the same name as the capital in another world for a certain period of time.

    The capital is located on the largest plain in the Dayue Dynasty, bordering Yuanping in the east and Taiyuan in the west, and backed by the Hengyuan Mountains, a large natural barrier, directly blocking the way for nomads to go south.     Standing outside the gate of the capital city, Zhou Yi only felt that the whole city was like an ancient monster lying in front of him. The stretching and towering city wall was magnificent and majestic. The moat stretching outside the city wall was no less than 100 meters wide. It was also built by the order of Taizu, the founding father of Dai Viet.     The founding ancestor of the country was really a generation of pride, but it is a pity that his descendants did not live up to their expectations and managed the great country into such a state.     Horse-drawn carriages flocked outside the city, and pedestrians rubbed shoulders. As expected of the people who lived at the foot of the imperial city, these people looked at foreigners with arrogance, and they were bathed in the grace of the emperor. The bumpkins in other places are "noble".     "What, aren't you from the capital? What's the big deal!" Seeing the haughty expressions of these people from the capital, Qingzhu couldn't help muttering.     Zhao Yuwen said: "These people are like this, and they look down on foreigners more or less."     Zhou Yi nodded to understand, regional discrimination, he understands.     "Masters, we are going to turn back here." After Zhou Yi and his party got off the carriage, the coachman said to them.     "Thank you, I've been busy all the way." If these drivers hadn't been experienced, I'm afraid they might not have gotten out of Yuanping Mansion. Zhou Yi said that he was grateful to them, but he was sincere.     "No, no, that's what we do, so we don't deserve to be thanked by the master." It was probably the first time that the coachman heard that customers would thank them, and rubbed his hands in embarrassment.     Zhou Yi signaled Qingzhu to give each of the two coachmen a tael of silver, and they almost knelt down to Zhou Yi.     "Master, you are kind-hearted." Qingzhu said with emotion after watching the carriage leave.     "That's right, young master, if I wasn't kind-hearted, why would I want you?" Zhou Yi joked.