chapter 126

Chapter 126 The Debate Begins

    Emperor Chongzheng sat on the dragon chair, looking at these courtiers who swarmed against him with a cold face.

    "Zhou Yi, you came up with this suggestion, why don't you come and argue with your lords and explain your reasons." Emperor Chongzheng said with a headache, pointing at Zhou Yi.

    Zhou Yi cursed in his heart, this damned guy, yesterday he looked like he was standing up for him to the end, he knew that Emperor Chongzheng was unreliable, no, just encountered a little obstruction, he was pushed out to block the gunfire!

    It is really drunk to meet such a boss in the workplace, and he wants his subordinates to open up the territory for him, but he is too lazy to deal with troubles. No matter what, the first one who is pushed out is the competent subordinate, who has no responsibility at all!

    But who made Emperor Chongzheng the only dictator of this land! No matter how much he slandered Emperor Chongzheng in his heart, he still had to put on an expression of gratitude on his face. Zhou Yi walked out of the team holding the corner of his mouth, "Follow the emperor's edict.

    " I will answer for you, if you have any questions, please speak up." Zhou Yi's eyes were fixed, and when he planned to embark on this road, he knew that this was destined to be a road that danced with the sharp edge of the knife.

    Minister of the Ministry of Rites was the first to stand up, "Scholar Zhou, merchants have been lowly since ancient times. They don't engage in production, they only pursue profits. If the court establishes a Ministry of Commerce, wouldn't it be necessary to greatly improve the status of merchants? What's wrong with this? In a country of etiquette, a department has been set up to manage such a businessman who smells like money, what is the code of ethics of Dai Viet?"

    Zhou Yi's expression did not change when faced with the blatant questions from the Minister of Rites, he took a step forward and said calmly, "Master Wu, I don't know where you see the etiquette system. Businessmen are lowly and started in the previous dynasty. , has never been anything since ancient times. I can’t think of where the merchants are lowly, and they are just one of the hundreds of lines in Dai Viet, just like some people plant land, some weave cloth, and some are officials. The prosperity of my Dai Viet is indispensable Existence, adults can think about it, if the common people grow food, do they need grain merchants to sell it, do we need cloth merchants for the clothes we wear, do we need shoe merchants for the shoes on our feet... and so on Wait, what would we be like without these merchants? Let me tell you, if there are no these merchants, we will return to the era of blood and blood. The prosperity of Dai Viet is precisely because of the merchants that make us more energetic. So, everyone My lord, do you still think merchants are cheap? Master Wu, I also very much disagree with your statement that merchants are full of the smell of copper. It is the nature of merchants to seek profit, but all the prosperity of the world is profit. Master Wu, can you How can you feed your family, dress and eat if you don’t have the salary from the emperor without the real money? Could it be that you are also full of the smell of copper?" Zhou Yi looked at Wu Qingyan, the Minister of Rites

    .

    Wu Qingyan was impoverished by Zhou Yi's eloquence, pointed at Zhou Yi and said, "You...you are arguing!

    " !" Zhou Yi flicked his sleeves and walked back to the middle of the hall.

    Emperor Chongzheng looked at it and twitched the corner of his mouth slightly, and he said, Zhou Yi is eloquent, there is no need for him to come forward at all.

    At this time, Yong Qixian, Minister of the Ministry of War, came out: "Master Zhou is worthy of being the number one scholar. He has a lot of ability to quote circumstantial evidence. I don't ask about the status of merchants. I just want to ask Mr. Zhou. If you open border trade, What if the neighbors come to harass me? How will the people at the border cross me survive?”

    Zhou Yi faced Yong Qixian: "Master Yong, before that, should we explain why our neighbors came to harass our border of Da Viet? Why did they come to harass our border of Da Viet? According to Master Yong, we closed the Border, they should just let it go, but why is there more and more movement? Let me tell you adults, they came to harass me and startled the border because of the lack of supplies in their territory. They are envious of my great variety of species and my fine silk , porcelain, all kinds of food, and cloth are what they need. It is precisely because there is no way to trade that they will use it. In this case, why don't we open the door to convenience, and I can also get it from them In exchange for cattle, sheep, war horses, iron ore, hello, hello, hello everyone."     "Hmph, Mr. Zhou's thinking is too simple, those people are all ambitious, open border trade, let them see the prosperity of my Da Viet, wouldn't it be more encouraging Their ambition to plunder!" Yong Qixian said with a cold snort.     Zhou Yi also straightened his face, "Master Yong, if I were you, I would never ask this question." "     Why?"     "Because it's embarrassing!!!" Zhou Yi suddenly increased his voice: "Yong My lord, you are in charge of the military affairs of Da Viet, and you have the burden of defending your home and country. You said that Da Viet is the kingdom of heaven, but now you are afraid of even some small countries. With all due respect, you , I really don’t have the responsibility of Minister of the Ministry of War. Open border trade, Da Viet will get endless benefits. Knowing this is a good thing. Some small disturbances from the government are intended to stand still and not move forward. In this way, we still have He Lianmian saying that Da Viet is the kingdom of heaven, He Lianmian is receiving the salary of the court, and He Lianmian is talking about sharing worries for the king!"     " Hiss..." All the people in the hall gasped, ruthless, so ruthless, what is the difference between saying this and stomping Yong Qixian's face on the ground.     Zhou Yi is always smiling, who would have thought that his face would turn cold suddenly, but his words would be so lethal! How dare you tear up a second-rank official in court!     "You...you..." Yong Qixian's face flushed suddenly at Zhou Yi's words, he stretched out his fingers and pointed at him tremblingly, unable to say a word for a long time.

    Emperor Chongzheng felt secretly refreshed when he saw it. He was always taught by these courtiers, saying that he was not in etiquette here, and that he violated the ancestral system there. The emperor of this heavenly kingdom would still be threatened by some small countries. If he hadn't cared about his face, he would have wanted to point at these courtiers and yell at them a long time ago.

    Yong Qixian shook his fingers for a while, then suddenly fell to his knees with a thud: "Your Majesty, please be the master of this old minister, every word this old minister says is for me, Da Yue, but now he is being slandered by Master Zhou like this, old minister, this old minister is ashamed to live It's..." The last words were filled with crying.

    Zhou Yi sighed in his heart, and now he is suing. He still has nothing to say. Hold on tight, how could he go into battle shirtless.

    Emperor Chongzheng made a comparison in his heart, but his face was cold, "Didn't I say it, ask Zhou Yi to argue with you, and you can speak freely if you think he has slandered you, then you can refute it back." !"