chapter 66

Chapter 66

    "But, isn't this your favorite handkerchief, Miss?" Xing'er was puzzled.

    The girl wearing a veil suddenly looked at Xing'er coldly, Xing'er shivered and dared not ask any more questions.

    A group of people walked straight to Pan's mansion.

    Zhou Yi didn't take the scene just now to heart. After studying with Han Xiangru in the Han Mansion, he returned home before it was nearly dark.

    When they got home, Zhou Laoer and Zhou Zhu had already returned from the workshop, the door was open, and the family was resting in the yard.

    "I don't know what caused the weather. It's never been so hot at this time of year. It hasn't rained for more than a month. The crops in the field are going to dry up!" Zhou Er Er sighed, as a farmer , relying on the weather to eat, the most sensitive to the weather, but this sign is not good.

    "His father, won't there be a severe drought?" Wang Yan asked with some fear. Guang'an County has experienced good weather and weather over the years, and there was only one drought when she was very young. She doesn't remember anything else, except that many people died of starvation in the village, and that her mother forced her and her elder brother to eat bark...

    Zhou Laoer sighed: "If the weather continues like this, it will be bad!" "

    Then What should I do?" Wang Yan clenched her hands tightly.

    "Father, we still need to make plans early, stock up some food as soon as possible, and buy some medicinal materials for emergencies!" Zhou Yi said.

    Zhou Laoer nodded: "Last year's grain was not sold, so it will be enough for our family to feed for two years, what are we just buying medicinal materials for?"

    Zhou Yi frowned, "I'm worried that there will be another flood after the severe drought. It will be terrible if there is another plague!"

    "Plague!" Wang Yan exclaimed, the plague is more terrible than the drought and flood, if there is a plague in any place, it will probably be empty, and the death is simply the king of Hades Die!

    "Mother, that's what I said, it's just preparations in advance, it's not necessarily true, don't worry." Seeing that Wang Yan was frightened, Zhou Yi quickly comforted her.

    "Brother, what is the plague?" Zhou Jiawo asked Zhou Yi, wrapping his arms around his neck.

    Zhou Yi touched Zhou Jia's little head: "It's a very scary thing, so Jiajia should love to be clean, don't go to dirty places, and wash your hands from time to time, you know?" Zhou Jia nodded half-understanding

    .

    "I'll go and tell the village chief tomorrow and ask him to arrange for the villagers. They all have their wages in their hands. It's not a bad thing to buy some food and store it there." Zhou Er Er said worriedly.

    In fact, there is no need for Zhou Laoer to say that no matter what the old farmers who depend on God for food, they will touch God's temper a little bit. The so-called food in hand, don't panic, someone in the village is already buying food.     Some people even deliberately asked Zhou Laoer to pay a month's wages. Zhou Laoer thought this was really a big deal, so he simply distributed a month's wages to everyone in the workshop in advance, and asked them to buy some food as soon as possible .     Due to the large number of people buying, the price of grain in Guang'an County has risen again and again. Some people are reluctant to take the money and take chances, thinking that buying grain now is not worth it, and it might rain tomorrow.     The weather is getting hotter and hotter, and as time enters June, the whole land seems to be roasted on the stove, all the crops are lying on the ground, and some of them have even completely withered.     People in the village continue to fetch water from the river for irrigation, but the water poured down seems to have entered a bottomless pit, and it will soon disappear without a trace after being baked by the sun.     Gradually, the riverbed was exposed, and even the old well in the village produced very little water in a day, and now often the water produced in a day is not enough for half of the villagers.     In order to fight for water, there were several fights in the village.     An old man shouted in despair: "God won't let people live! Lord Yan is here to kill you..." Zhou Yi panicked when he heard that.     Crops are the lifeblood of farmers. Knowing that they cannot be saved, the villagers continue to pour water into the fields for irrigation with a fluke mentality. Unfortunately, as soon as the water is poured down on the front feet, the water on the back feet disappears along the cracked ground Without a trace, a drop in the bucket. When all the crops in the area withered, some people in the village finally began to cry in despair.