chapter 5

Chapter 5 Mulberries

    Wang Yan brought a few children back to the house, found an ointment and applied it on Zhou Yi carefully, and said distressedly while applying it: "You silly child, why are you going to join your grandma, look at how shaved your little face is. "

    Zhou Yi pouted: "But beating grandma and beating sisters..., the beating is really hard."

    Wang Yan patted her son's head, on the one hand, she felt relieved that the child defended the family so much, but on the other hand, she felt that the son was really not happy to be beaten for the sake of his daughter. worth.

    Seeing Wang Yan's expression, Zhou Yi didn't say anything more, not to mention the ancient times, even the patriarchal thought is common in modern times. In fact, Zhou Yi's parents are a good couple. In this daughter, he is destined to be someone else's family. In ancient times, many poor people in the village would directly sell girls to others, or sell them to others as child brides. Zhou Laoer and his wife never thought of selling their daughter no matter what.

    Da Ya, San Ya, Wu Ya, and Liu Ya stood in a row. Da Ya and San Ya looked at Wang Yan anxiously. They were afraid that Wang Yan would scold them because of their brother being beaten.

    Wang Yan looked at the four withered and yellow daughters in front of him, and then thought of Zhou Shu, who was tall and handsome in Dafang's family, and she felt soft. She sighed and softened her heart a little: "Forget it this time, and I won't be able to beat you for you in the future." , you know, my younger brother is the only male in the family, even if you get married in the future, my younger brother will be your support..." "

    Understood, mother." As a child, Wang Yan and Zhou Laoer still received some attention, so their tempers were more refreshing. Seeing their younger brother defending them like this, they felt warm in their hearts, and they agreed sincerely.

    Sanya pouted secretly.

    After Wang Yan gave them some instructions, she went out to work. Da Ya took a few younger sisters and went out to cut pigweed. Zhou Yi didn't want to be bored in the yard, so he went out to let the wind go.

    The geographical location of Xiawan Village is very good. The city of Nanyuan to which it belongs is the most prosperous city in the south of Dayue. It's only half an hour's journey from the top, and only an hour's journey from Guang'an County. The village is surrounded by mountains and rivers, and there is an official road passing the village entrance. Generally speaking, as long as there is no war or a disaster year, although the people in the village cannot make a fortune, it is still easy to eat enough.     Zhou Yi was lying by the small river with a piece of dogtail grass in his mouth, looking at the white clouds in the sky. He still didn't understand why he came to this inexplicable dynasty inexplicably. In modern times, some people advocate eating coarse grains for health preservation. If those people wear it here, they will surely satisfy their wishes.     The food is not good, the clothes are not good, the housing is not good, and the spare time is nothing but playing house with a bunch of little kids, which is very lacking.     "Hey, boring..." Zhou Yi spat out the dog's tail grass in his mouth, and sighed deeply in his heart. Maybe the only consolation here is to make up for the love of parents that I didn't feel in my previous life.     "Brother, brother, eat mulberries..." six-year-old Liuya ran up to Zhou Yi with a large handful of black mulberries in both hands.     "Fourth sister, where did you find it?" Ripe mulberries are black and red, and they are watery and sweet in the mouth. They are the best snacks for children in the village. The child is gone.     "Over there..." Liuya pointed to the other side of the river. Zhou Yi patted his buttocks and stood up: "Let's go, I'll go and have a look too." No wonder he was greedy, in this day and age there are not many kinds of fruits in supermarkets, some farmers have a few fruit trees, and they will bring them to the market exchange money.     Liuya gave Zhou Yi half of the mulberry in her hand, and then led him to the place where the mulberry was picked. Daya took Sanya and Wuya to cut pigweed at the foot of the mountain.     Seeing that they were still walking up the mountain, he hurriedly shouted: "Liuya, where are you taking Liulang? Don't go to the mountain, it's here."

    "Sister, let's pick mulberries here instead of going to the mountains." Zhou Yi had already seen the mulberry tree. No wonder no one found it. It turned out to be hidden in a large bush. Disaster.

    Zhou Yi looked around, ran to the river and picked a few lotus leaves, picked up the mulberries, and wrapped them in lotus leaves.

    "Sister, look..." Liuya opened the lotus leaf excitedly, and spread the mulberry in front of several sisters to show off.

    "Mulberry!" Wuya exclaimed in surprise.

    "Eat up, you guys, and wipe your mouths clean later, or you will be nagged by grandma again when you go back." Da Ya told her younger siblings.