chapter 117

Chapter 117

    The court was silent, everyone felt that Zhang Zhijing must have lost his mind, and now the emperor is obviously very optimistic about Zhou Yi, so he jumped out at this time, isn't it to throw the emperor's cold water?

    If it was a serious crime, it would be fine if Zhou Yi could be brought down with one blow, but now it was only fifty thousand taels of silver bills, before Zhou Yi brought back ten million taels of silver to the state treasury, this amount of money was not even a dime.

    Moreover, the emperor's imperial decree has already been issued, and Jun Wu's jokes are not just for fun. Such a small crime can at most disgust Zhou Yi, and the seal will never be taken back.

    On the contrary, Zhang Zhijing might be rejected by the emperor because he disturbed the emperor's interest.

    Zhou Yi knelt on the ground, his expression unchanged.

    After hearing Zhang Zhijing's words, Emperor Chongzheng looked at Zhou Yi gently as if he hadn't heard of it, "Get up."

    "Thank you, Your Majesty." Zhou Yi accepted the order and stood up.

    After Zhou Yi stood up, Emperor Chongzheng said indifferently: "Scholar Zhou, please tell me what happened to the fifty thousand taels of silver note."

    Zhou Yi smiled and glanced at Zhang Zhijing, but Zhang Zhijing Seeing the souls of the dead, in Yuanping Mansion, Zhou Yi used such a smiling appearance to kill Ma Jiuyin and others.

    "My Majesty, this is all my fault. Because of the special situation at that time, too much information was leaked, so I didn't tell the truth to Mr. Zhang and Mr. Feng. The reason why I accepted the fifty thousand taels of silver note was just to let Ma Jiuyin relaxed his vigilance and automatically showed off his feet, and when Wei Chen got the fifty thousand taels of silver, he immediately reported it to you, the emperor. Your Majesty, Wei Chen was indeed tempted at that time, but after looking at Yuanping Mansion After the tragedy, I deeply felt that corrupt officials really did harm to people. In order not to be condemned for my own conscience and to live up to your love, I finally withstood the temptation. I hope the emperor will see clearly." Zhou

    Yiyi After finishing speaking, Zhang Zhijing's body began to tremble, he knew that Zhou Yi was not so easy to deal with, he knew...

    Emperor Chongzheng listened to Zhou Yi's self-defense, and smiled with satisfaction: "Yes, it is really rare for you to have such an awareness, but you are too honest, you didn't take those bank notes in the first place, why do you have to live?" Tell me about your covetousness? Are you not afraid that I will be angry?"

    Zhou Yi seemed to be stunned for a moment when he was asked by Emperor Chongzheng, and he asked in confusion: "Ah? Your Majesty, can you not talk about it? I think that being loyal to the emperor is to show respect to the emperor. The emperor has confessed everything, as a subject, if you still hide something from the emperor, isn't that deceiving the emperor?"

    Zhou Yi seemed a little embarrassed when he said this, his face turned red, he touched his nose and said: " Your Majesty, I am still young, although I am a little ignorant, but you have a heart as big as the sky, you should not care about me?" The last sentence seems to be a little lacking in confidence. Zhou Yi was a little cautious and asked hesitantly.

    "Hahahahaha..." Emperor Chongzheng was amused by Zhou Yi's reaction: "Since you have said that, then I can't argue with you anymore, otherwise wouldn't I lose my mind as broad as the sky? "