chapter 116

Chapter 116 Another Promotion

    The next morning, Emperor Chongzheng received another report from Zhou Yi.

    Emperor Chongzheng opened it with great interest. He thought watching Zhou Yi's memorial was more interesting than having sex with his concubine.

    It started with a greeting from Zhou Yi, which is nothing to say, and then Zhou Yi wrote: "Your Majesty, when I learned that Tao Qiao had no evidence, I thought of a plan to lure the enemy into the bait. I guessed that Mr. Ma would definitely do something, but I never expected that he would dare to risk the world's disgrace and directly attack the guards sent by you. My God, I was fooled at that time..." See Here, Emperor Chongzheng was also angry, and he slapped the table, "Rebellious ministers and thieves, who gave them such courage, even the imperial envoy I sent would dare to do it!!!" After Emperor Chongzheng got angry, he looked down eagerly

    , He also wanted to know how Zhou Yi escaped from danger.

    "But your majesty, you must have thought of it, otherwise you wouldn't have sent the imperial army. When Mr. Ma was about to make a move, it was too late, but the minister also called for action, so all the people he brought were put to death by the imperial army. Your majesty, I really scared this minister to death. If it weren't for the forbidden army you sent, I'm afraid I would really stay in Yuanping Mansion forever. Your majesty, you saved my life again, and the rest of my life will be fine. It is not enough to repay your kindness to you!..."

    After reading Zhou Yi's memorial, although Emperor Chongzheng was initially offended by Majiu Yin's treason, now Zhou Yi is right again. He is grateful, he thinks that Zhou Yi should be devoted to him now, to have such a loyal and capable minister, and the case of Yuanping Mansion can be regarded as solved, generally speaking, Emperor Chongzheng is still happy.     But this Ma Jiuyin seems to be the prince's cousin, but it is not known whether the prince is involved. Emperor Chongzheng frowned at this thought. If the crown prince was involved in this, Emperor Chongzheng would undoubtedly be angry, but if Zhou Yi really got to the bottom of it and dug out the prince, Emperor Chongzheng would also be unhappy. Even a king is still a human being after all. His children were criticized by his courtiers. Moreover, as the crown prince, if the world finds out that he is actually involved in a corruption case, Emperor Chongzheng's face will be ashamed.     Thinking of this, Emperor Chongzheng looked at the report spread out on the table: Zhou Yi, let me see if you are really smart.

    A charge of treason hangs over his head, but corruption is insignificant in comparison, at least it will not implicate the whole family.

    In order to get rid of the crime of treason, Ma Jiuyin and a group of Yuanping officials knew everything about Zhou Yina. Since they became officials, they have confessed all the corruption cases.

    In the end, they add up to a staggering number.

    But Zhou Yi also found that especially in the past five years, a large amount of money that Ma Jiuyin had corrupted was missing.

    A torch was lit in the prison, and Zhou Yi's face turned red under the light of the fire: "Where did more than half of the money you coveted go?

    " He also explained everything he said in detail, until Zhou Yi asked this question, he raised his head, his expression couldn't tell whether it was ridicule or helplessness; "If I really tell you, Mr. Zhou, do you dare to listen? I'd better not go It’s good to worry about those unnecessary thoughts, you are still young, and you don’t know that the most rare thing in life is to be confused.”