chapter 8

Chapter 8

    As soon as Zhou Yi's words came out, the expressions of the other people in the room changed one after another. Zhou's mother's eyes were full of sternness, and she said coldly: "What do you know, your little rabbit, your uncle works hard every day at home farming, you The fourth uncle studies so hard, not for the future of the family. Your third uncle is about to become the shopkeeper, and the monthly money he gets every month can reach three taels. In the future, no one in this family will benefit from him... ..." What Zhou's mother said was not for Zhou Yi, but for Zhou's second son and Mr. Zhou. What she hated most in her life was Zhou Yi's own grandmother, but the fact is that no matter how much she hated her, she used her dowry, and now Zhou's second child is indeed the only one in the family who can earn money. more powerful.

    Zhou Yi pursed his lips when he heard that, with tears still hanging from his eyelashes, he choked up and asked Zhou's second son, "Father, can studying bring a good future for the family? Then I will study in the future. I don't want you to work so hard." , Hmph, let you get cheap and behave well.

    Zhou Yi's second son had already softened his heart into a puddle of water because of what Zhou Yi said, and said in a soft voice, "Well, you will also go to study in the future." If the words of

    Zhou Yi's child just made these people feel uncomfortable, Then what Zhou Laoer said made everyone anxious. If Zhou Yi went to study, it would be another big expense for the family. A scholar who lost five taels of silver a year could not afford it. This was just studying in the town. The more he reads, the more he spends. Now Zhou Laosi spends eighty-nine taels of silver every year for studying, and Dalang’s five taels are added, and it is fifteen taels a year, which is not enough for Zhou Laoer’s wages. In addition to paying taxes and keeping enough food for the family, the family's annual harvest is exchanged for money, which is how it barely supported the two scholars. If Zhou Yi is really added in the future, it will be a disaster.

    "No!" Zhou's mother was the first to jump out: "The family can hardly afford food now, where can people study, boss, second child, fourth child, I will give you two coins for each family, you can see for yourself Let's do it, but whoever dares to give money in private..." Her eyes swept over the two daughters-in-law, Li Ermei and Zheng Ying hurriedly lowered their heads.     After discussing things, everyone left. Zhou's mother was so angry that she sat on the kang and her liver hurt. She wanted the second child to take out the money she had hidden in private, but she was destroyed by a little bastard like Zhou Yi. I had to take out the money to dispel Zhou Erer's idea of ​​sending Zhou Yi to study.

    From the beginning to the end, except for asking Mr. Zhou a word, Mr. Zhou never said anything, and he treated himself as a transparent person throughout the whole process. Zhou's mother watched Mr. Zhou smoking in a muffled voice, and she couldn't get angry: " You know how to smoke, why don’t you take a look at how I was run over by a little bastard just now, and the second child, I think it’s the same for you, he is earning money outside, and there is no private money left in his hand ? Now that I’m reluctant to buy something for you, I think he treats you just like that..." Zhou’s mother would trample on the second-bedroom family whenever she found an opportunity.

    Mr. Zhou took a puff of cigarette, raised his eyes and looked at Zhou's mother, Zhou's mother was taken aback by him: "What are you doing looking at me like this?" "

    What are you doing? See if you really don't understand human affairs. Points, the second child can almost hand over one tael of silver a month, how much can the others pay each month? If you really annoy the second child, if he wants to split the family, it depends on you!" "