chapter 15

Chapter 15

    Zhou Yi could feel that Zhou Lao Er was very anxious. When he followed the crowd all the way to the county government office, a large group of people had already gathered outside the gate of the county government office. Yi also saw a person kneeling in the lobby, probably over fifty years old, covered in blood, prostrate on the ground and sluggish.

    "Master Qian..." Zhou Lao Er exclaimed, looking anxiously at the people kneeling in the hall.

    Standing next to Landlord Qian was a man wearing silk and holding a fan, in stark contrast to the former landlord who was imprisoned.

    Zhou Laoer grabbed the person next to him and asked, "What's going on?"

    "Brother, don't you know?" The person who was caught was not angry, and immediately poured out gossip: "This incident is considered a sensation in our Guang'an County. The big case, the one standing is Wang Juren, someone in the family is an official in the capital, this is the one in our Guang'an County." He gave a thumbs up.

    "It's not that Wang Ju's family imported a batch of medicinal materials from Qian's landlord's manor, who would have eaten someone to death, and the sufferer went to Wang Ju's family, and finally checked and checked that there was something wrong with the batch of medicinal materials, and the former landlord followed suit. It’s a good charge, it cost people’s lives. Wang Ju’s family lost a lot of money, so they sued the landlord of the money. Today is the second promotion. The landlord has always denied it before, but now he has become like this, he does not recognize it. I have to admit it."

    "No, how can such a good person as Mr. Qian do such a thing." Zhou Laoer only worked in Qian's landlord's house last month, so he knows their family's style very well, so it is impossible for him to do such a thing. This kind of shoddy thing.

    "Who says it's not? Qian Landlord's reputation has always been good. Their shop is also honest and their rent is 10% less than others. But who can tell the truth here? There are many things that people know and don't know. It's gone."

    Zhou Yi heard many suspicious things, first of all, since Landlord Qian's reputation has always been good, he can't be greedy for such important things as medicinal materials. Second, the trial of this case is too fast. After half a month of work, the whole story has been determined. Not to mention ancient technology, even modern technology may not be so fast. It looks like it was set up in advance. trap.

    After a while, the county magistrate came up and started to be promoted, which was no different from what Zhou Yi had watched on TV before.

    The general judge at the side read the pleadings and the history of the case, and the county magistrate slapped the gavel: "Can the defendant, Qian Li, admit it?" Landlord Qian

    fell on the ground and said tremblingly: "The grassroots are wronged."

    "Bold, come on. People, hit the prisoner with twenty big blows." The county magistrate slapped the gavel very loudly.

    The heavy boards fell on Landlord Qian, making a muffled sound, and soon blood gushed out from Landlord Qian's body, winding and flowing on the ground.

    The Landlord Qian made some muffled noises at the beginning, but then there was no life at all.

    Zhou Yi's hands and feet are cold, tortured into tricks, and people's lives are ignored... Many people in modern times are dissatisfied with the government. little days.

    But...it won't be like this, no matter how corrupt and stupid the officials are, they dare not ignore human lives in such a ostentatious way. Even if there is a lawsuit, no matter whether the plaintiff or the defendant, there may be injustice, but that is an example. At least both the plaintiff and the defendant can make their own voices.

    Zhou Yi felt that his blood was slowly freezing. He had never felt integrated into this world until this moment, as if his feet had truly stepped on this land.

    This place is completely different from the world he used to live in, and torture can happen in full view. Only at this moment did he realize how naive his previous thoughts were, thinking that as long as he was a small landlord, he could live a peaceful and unrestrained life.

    It's a pity that the scholar bureaucrats have the right to speak here. Maybe at some point, I will accidentally block some people's eyes. At that time, he may be the one who was lying on the ground and was beaten and forced to confess.

    Zhou Yi clenched his fist, no, instead of letting the fate be in the hands of others, it is better to control the fate yourself.

    Maybe it was because he was afraid of beating people to death, the county magistrate saw that the money landlord had no interest, so he asked people to stop. He was ordered to withdraw from court and retrial in the next day.

    Zhou Yi knew that if Landlord Qian did not have a deeper background, he would not be able to get away with the county magistrate and the plaintiff looking like they were going to smash the case.

    On the way back, both father and son were silent, not at all happy about having made money.

    The Zhou family knew that Zhou's second child was going to the market today. Seeing the appearance of the two of them, they felt that the situation must be bad. Zhou Shu, who came to inquire about the news, pouted and hurriedly went to the room to reply: "Grandma, I saw the expression on the second uncle's face. Not good, my hands are empty.”

    Zhou’s mother snorted, “I knew he couldn’t please him, and he couldn’t accept a good job, so he fiddled with it on his own. Now it’s all right, this month’s wages are in vain.”

    Wang Yan Welcoming the father and son into the house, looking at Zhou's second child, he carefully asked: "His father, what's the matter?" "

    Yan, do you still remember the landlord Qian's house where I went to work last month?

    " The family that gave you double the bounty?"

    "Well, I didn't expect him to fail the lawsuit, he was beaten to a bloody mess today, it looks like he's not doing well..." Zhou Laoer's voice was low.

    "Ah, how did this happen! Such a good person." Covering her mouth, Wang Yan said in disbelief. In her heart, a person who treats his servants so kindly is a good person.

    "It is said that the medicinal materials are counterfeit, but Qian Landlord is definitely not that kind of person." Zhou Laoer firmly refused to believe it.

    Zhou Yi kept thinking about his own affairs, and didn't listen to theirs, and suddenly developed a fever in the middle of the night.

    This is very anxious to the second old man of Zhou, because there are not many children who have burned out due to fever.

    Zhou Lao Er had no time to think about the matter of Qian Landlord, so he hurriedly called for a doctor and stayed there until dawn when Zhou Yi's fever subsided before he heaved a sigh of relief.

    "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let Liu Lang see those things. Liu Lang must have been frightened." Zhou Er Er was filled with remorse. At that time, he was so impatient that he forgot that Zhou Yi was still young.

    Seeing her husband like this, Wang Yan no longer had the heart to say to him: "The fever has subsided, and I'm fine."

    The couple stayed together until Zhou Yi opened his eyes and watched him drink a bowl of porridge before he felt relieved. Zhou Yi also never imagined that this incident would have such a great impact on him, that he even developed a fever. The resistance of this small body is really not very good.

    "Father, where's the money?" Zhou Yi was afraid that Zhou Er Er had already handed over the money to the upper house when he had a fever.