chapter 146

Chapter 146 Tim Xi

    Boss Huang uttered an "uh," thinking of what Boss Zhao said, and gritted his teeth, "Master Zhou, just on the way out of customs, I met a boss who was also running border trade in Nvyue Country. Didn't the court cancel the local pairing?" Are there any rules for merchants to charge various lijin, but the boss told me that the local officials there will still collect money under various guises." Boss Huang finished speaking in one breath, and then looked nervously at Zhou Yi.

    Zhou Yi listened, and nodded thoughtfully: "Thank you, Boss Huang, for telling me this. I know, and I will deal with this matter.

    " Boss Huang hurriedly stood up.

    The next day, when Boss Huang was about to leave the border town to enter Nuyue Kingdom, he saw Zhou Yi riding a horse and galloping westward from the border town. Boss Huang sighed in his heart: Mr. Zhou is really responsible and close to the people!

    Zhou Yi traveled from north to west all the way, traveled to more than a dozen border towns in a month, sorted out a lot of regulations that needed to be improved, and then hurried back to the capital.

    All in all, the series of plans he designed before are still not deviated, but no matter how good the design is in advance, there will always be unsatisfactory places. The biggest problem is that after the imperial court issued a list and canceled various lijin collections, local There are still various names on it.

    The current commercial tax is not light. If local exploitation is added, the merchants will really not be able to afford it. If it exceeds the limit, maybe the good situation he created with painstaking efforts will collapse.     But official corruption has always existed since the concept of officials existed, not to mention here, even in his time and space, the political system has reached a relatively mature level, and official corruption in various countries is a persistent problem.     It is completely impossible to prevent it, what Zhou Yi can do is to reduce the pressure of this evil wind, so that it will not blow so recklessly.     But it’s not yet the time, not all the greedy local officials enjoy themselves, many of them have been enshrined in the capital, and a complete industrial chain has been formed. will encounter great resistance.

    Let’s wait until the commercial tax revenues come up this quarter. As a courtier under Emperor Chongzheng, Zhou Yi has a very thorough understanding of him. It may be that the imperial treasury was too empty a few years ago, and Emperor Chongzheng was afraid of poverty. So for him, no matter how sweet your words are, they won't be as effective as real money.

    Zhou Yi rushed all the way back to the capital. Along the way, he saw many small workshops springing up like mushrooms in many cities. Kiln firing...the list goes on and on.

    Of course, there are also large-scale workshops that employ hundreds or even thousands of people.

    The establishment of these workshops needs to register with the Ministry of Commerce and issue a license, and then collect taxes uniformly, and Zhou Yi also encourages merchants who run border trade to purchase from these workshops, because the scale of border trade is large, and the goods were not enough before. The workshop solved the problem of the supply of goods, and the merchants were also very happy.

    In this way, a chain of production and sales is formed, not to mention how much tax these workshops can increase for the imperial court, the real key is that these workshops have absorbed countless refugees, and with the booming border trade, this number is still increasing.

    As Zhou Yi traveled from west to north, the number of refugees on the road was at least half less than before.

    Zhou Yi let out a sigh of relief, he was so inspiring, he finally saw some results.