chapter 23

Chapter 23 Salary

    "Father, let's take another look if it's like this. If the second brother changes his mind, we won't talk about it. If the second brother continues to be so stubborn, then let's find a good home for the girls. Maybe the second brother will stop making trouble. The family is separated!" Zhou Laosan smiled and lit a cigarette for Mr. Zhou, and said flatteringly.

    Mr. Zhou took a sip and spit out a circle of eyes, "Then just wait and see." "

    Hey, well, you are always open-minded, and I will bring you the best shredded tobacco when I come back next time, which is the best sold in the capital now." That!"

    Mr. Zhou was very relieved, "It doesn't matter if the shredded tobacco is good or not, the most important thing now is your second shopkeeper seat. You have just taken the position, remember to perform well. Make the boss trust you." Mr. Zhou felt more and more that the three The son went along with his heart, and gave birth to the earnest teaching of a loving father.

    "It's dad, I will definitely remember what you said." Zhou Laosan was busy in front of Mr. Zhou, and his words were so beautiful that after he went to town, Mr. Zhou even sighed, "The family belongs to you. The third child is the most clever."

    Two months passed in a flash, and Zhou Laosan had not been back once since he went to the town. Before he became a shopkeeper, although he lived in the town, it was very convenient for him to go back to Zhou's yard. Every time he came back, he had to bring some fresh vegetables and rice back home, and sometimes he had to grind the old couple. Ask for some silver.

    But since becoming the shopkeeper, there has been no news for two months.

    In the beginning, Mr. Zhou and Mrs. Zhou waited anxiously when Zhou's third child was about to receive his salary. After a few days, when they saw that no one came back, they said that they might have been delayed by something. A few days later, Mr. Zhou couldn't sit still anymore. He also knew that the third child was the most narrow-minded. Although he loved his son, he was worried about the third son Zhou. So Da Lang and Zhou Laosi went to find Zhou Laosan after school and asked him what was going on.

    Da Lang and Zhou Laosi came back and said they didn’t see Zhou Laosan, “We went to the small yard rented by Fourth Uncle, but we didn’t see Fourth Uncle. Fourth Aunt said that Fourth Uncle was very busy as a shopkeeper and often couldn’t return until dark. home."

    Later, Da Lang and Zhou Laosi went several times, but they still couldn't find him.

    Two months passed in a blink of an eye, just when Mr. Zhou couldn't sit still, Mr. Zhou came back. As soon as he came back, Mr. Zhou scolded his head and face: "What have you been doing for the past two months? What did you do in the past month?" You have to come back several times, and now even your nephew and brother are avoiding you, don’t you still want to avoid me, old man!” “

    Oh dad, what are you talking about, am I busy!” Zhou said The third child didn't care about Mr. Zhou's anger, and still said with a smile, his face was really thick, and his mouth was clever, so he coaxed Mr. Zhou well in a short while.

    "Let's not talk about that, you will pay the monthly fee when you come back!" Mr. Zhou looked at Zhou Laosan with all eyes.

    After a meal, Zhou Laosan took out two taels of silver from his arms: "Father, look, I will come back as soon as I am free." "

    Why only two taels of silver?" Yinzi asked, Mr. Zhou obviously saw it too, and the smile on his face disappeared.

    "Father, mother, you don't know how much I spend now. To become a shopkeeper, I need to meet some people. Sometimes in order to do things, I have to deal with the yamen. That's why I got acquainted with the master Zhou in the yamen. I spent three taels of silver this month just to invite him to dinner. I know that my monthly silver is still waiting at home, but there is really nothing left for the first month. Once the monthly money for this month is settled, I will get the money back. "

    "Third Uncle, what's going on with this matter? It depends on your opening your mouth. How do we know if you're telling the truth?" Second Sister Li guessed that this was an excuse made by the young couple. Said. Among the sisters-in-law in the family, the third daughter-in-law is the most cunning, and she sneered in her heart that most of the money was directly confidanted by the two couples.     "Sister-in-law, what are you talking about, can I still lie to you?" Zhou's third son heard what Li Ermei said, and the Zhou family looked at him suspiciously, and hurriedly said with an insulted look: "I swear , if I tell a lie, I will be hit with a thunderbolt." Zhou Laosan said firmly.

    These days, people are quite awed by ghosts and gods. Zhou's mother hurriedly poohed twice: "What are you talking about? You are digging my heart!" Then she turned to the old man and said, "My son said to make friends. It’s true to invite others to eat for favors. Can a shopkeeper be the same as us? Didn’t he come back with two taels of silver? Don’t tell me some people eat idle meals at home all day long, my son If you make money, you will force me instead. Do you think our mother is not pleasing to your eyes..."

    Mr. Zhou saw that Zhou's mother was about to drag her elsewhere, so he hurriedly stopped him: "What am I talking about, you are always talking about me. Stop talking about those useless things."

    Zhou's mother now attaches great importance to Zhou Laosan who has become a shopkeeper, and she has to say several times a day that being the third son has great promise and is a big shot.

    Seeing that Mr. Zhou stopped chasing Zhou Laosan for money, she pulled Zhou Laosan and asked him about everything after becoming the shopkeeper. She had a lot of opinions about Zhao Chuner not coming back, and finally said: "Your wife What's the matter, she used to follow you when you came back, what's the matter now, when you become the shopkeeper, she really regards herself as a young mistress, and even the old man doesn't bother to come back to see?" "Mother, that's not the case, the family is

    busy Really, didn't I say I made friends with Mr. Zhou, she and Mrs. Mrs. Zhou have become friends."

    Li Ermei and Zhou's mother's faces flashed at the same time.

    In Zhou's mother's perception, the wife of the chief secretary is a real grandma of the official family. How did Zhao Chun'er, a woman who can't read big characters, become friends with the wife of the chief secretary? Thinking that it was because of Zhou Laosan that Zhao Chun'er got the favor, she became unbalanced: "She doesn't know a single word, don't talk inappropriately and offend the chief secretary's wife, and ruin your business." "No

    , Mother, the master's wife is fine."

    Zhou's mother curled her lips and stopped talking.

    Zhou Yi watched Zhou Laosan cleverly dealt with Mr. Zhou and Zhou's mother, and with his clever mouth comforted the old couple, he also admired him very much. Skeptical, Zhou Laosan is the shopkeeper in a small restaurant. Although the master bookkeeper is not even a sesame official, the people who work in the yamen these days are naturally masters, and they are superior to everyone. Yi really couldn't think of what the master and Zhou Laosan would do for acquaintance.

    However, it is not ruled out that Zhou Laosan will indeed be able to exploit, has a good relationship with others, and can become friends with anyone, but these things are not his business. Zhou Yi shrugged and stopped thinking about it.

    But after Mr. Zhou called Zhou Er and Wang Yan to go to the room at night, Zhou Yi realized that he was thinking too naively.