chapter 98

Chapter 98

    In ancient times, after the Jinshi was selected, those who were assigned positions would immediately take up the post, and those who had not been assigned specific positions had to wait obediently in the capital.

    Zhou Yi entered the Imperial Academy on the third day of the cross-horse parade.

    Of course, there were more than one and three people who entered the Hanlin Academy, and some other second-tier Jinshi were also assigned here. On the first day, they did nothing, but met with the head of the Imperial Academy, the boss of the Imperial Academy. Well, the name of the master is Wen Qu. When I saw these rookies for the first time, although they were not kind, they were not indifferent either.

    Then order people to bring these newcomers to familiarize themselves with the work.

    Generally speaking, the Hanlin Academy is equivalent to the secretarial department of the modern bigwigs, responsible for compiling books and writing history, drafting imperial edicts, reading for members of the royal family, serving as imperial examination examiners, etc., and their status is very noble.

    But Qinggui is Qinggui, but Qingshui Yamen is also real. It is almost the end of the month. When the old man in the Imperial Academy took them to get acquainted, Zhou Yi heard many people in the Imperial Academy secretly groping. Discussing whether the monthly salary of this month can be paid according to the truth, and some people said that if the salary is still owed this month, the family will not be able to get rid of it. There is a hundred-year-old mother on the top, and there are young children who are crying and feeding... It makes everyone cry. The listener is sad.

    Zhou Yi looked at the man who was talking, and found that his face was pale and bitter, and he didn't look like he was lying.

    Zhou Yi was dumbfounded when he heard this, what the hell, he worked so hard to get a Jinshi, and he can't even support his family? Is the salary of Dai Viet Dynasty so low?

    In the next few days, he gradually became familiar with his job. Editing belongs to the category of historians. His full-time job is to compile and edit history.

    Before Emperor Chongzheng, this job was quite promising. After all, you can see the boss every day, even if you are a pig waving in front of him every day, the other party will have an impression of you. Besides, let’s not talk about those emperors who knew their rulers well or not, at least they were all very diligent, so that the emperors were not afraid of the pens in the hands of the historians, and no matter how bad they were, they could still earn the praise of being diligent and caring for the people! Therefore, being able to contact big bosses on a daily basis and leaving a good impression on the emperor's heart will lead to a very fast promotion in the future.

    But when he came to Emperor Chongzheng, everything changed. He drank and had fun in the harem every day, and sometimes quietly went out of the palace to wander around the fireworks and willow lanes. He was keen on building palaces and had a luxurious style, but he was very lazy about government affairs. Even if the official historian wanted to polish his daily life, he couldn't write a pen.

    Emperor Chongzheng also knew that his style was dissolute, and maybe he still wanted to save face. When he thought that his reputation would be passed down to future generations, he naturally became unhappy with the culprit who remembered his daily life. Afterwards, no less than a hundred people were included in the Hanlin Academy because they recorded the damn daily life.

    Of course, historians can’t be easily convicted, and the emperor can’t do anything to them, but it’s a big deal to hold grudges in your heart. As long as you remember him, he will remember them in your heart, and your future official career will basically lose hope of progress. .